Well this thread is partly inspired by his use of the same little theme Wilco uses at the beginning of A Magazine Called Sunset on his song Lemon Tree from his new EP (I know someone must know where it is from). But the main thing that totally amazes me about this guy is why he is not sooo much bigger than he is, I mean there is nothing about him that would put him off to the general populous (where say Wilco it could be a bit more understandable) but really this guy just writes plain catchy good pop songs that should make him bigger than he is! 1972 and Nashville are pure classics and even though his last couple haven't been that great this new EP is a nice return to form (Bedroom Classics Vol. 3 btw) anyways I know he gets mentioned here from time to time but let's talk about Josh Rouse, his new EP and his awesomeness.

I have to get on to that Nashville and that 1972, I've only heard the more recent stuff via Emusic which I like quite a bit, especially that She's Spanish, I'm American. There is a depth of quality too his songwriting that shits over a lot else out there.

i love 1972 and am quite fond of nashville.

spanish girl, american boy or whatever was infuriatingly bad and country mouse, city house album was awfully boring.

i do agree that his bedroom classics are enjoyable and will check this out. but this may be his last chance for me.

I have to get on to that Nashville and that 1972, I've only heard the more recent stuff via Emusic which I like quite a bit, especially that She's Spanish, I'm American. There is a depth of quality too his songwriting that shits over a lot else out there.

his best records IMO are pre 1972 (again, the album, not the year :P)

Home, Dressed Up Like Nebraska, & Under Cold Blue Stars are my favorites, followed closely by 1972 and a bit further down, Nashville.

honestly the last 2-3 things have bored me to TEARS (the worst being that Country Mouse record... holy snoozefest)

I thought Subtitulo was horrendous as well, I think this is a perfect case of that Spanish girl ruining him! He needs some heartache! Also it should be noted our pal Ryan Adams is digging the Josh Rouse, maybe he'll start writing some pop gems too lol.

Josh Rouse "winter in the Hamptons"

is so my favorite song right now. this is Josh at his best. I am late to this record,

I thought Subtitulo was horrendous as well, I think this is a perfect case of that Spanish girl ruining him! He needs some heartache! Also it should be noted our pal Ryan Adams is digging the Josh Rouse, maybe he'll start writing some pop gems too lol.

Josh Rouse "winter in the Hamptons"

is so my favorite song right now. this is Josh at his best. I am late to this record, "(i have been stuck on "home" since i found it at this house i stay at in jamaica sometimes to collect after long long trying times-)

anyway loving this so much.

Peace out-

R

ah yes... that was the other one... Subtitulo... but if i recall, i think Country Mouse was even more dull than that one...

Nashville had 4 or 5 total gems, which is more than I can say about anything since.

i got into Josh via Guster, as he opened for them here in 2000 and I fell in love w/ Home (was his latest at the time), then Under Cold Blue Stars, and later got into Nebraska.

• 1 year later...

I discovered Rouse not too long ago and have enjoyed Home immensely since then. for one reason or another, I never ventured into any of his other releases until last night when I came across Under Cold Blue Stars at the used cd store. the guy is very talented and seems like someone one should hear about more often.