Well, after putting off purchasing Vetiver's Thing of the Past (a record of all covers of relatively obscure ditties from yesteryear) I finnally broke down and got my copy. I am really enjoying it, and the subsequent EP is almost better. I own a handful of the originals covered and it seems that Vetiver went for the straight ahead route when covering these tunes. I'm not sure the merit with that, but it turns you on to some new musicians and shows off their chops. I'm looking forward to their upcoming album on Subpop in Feb. Any thoughts on Vetiver?

Is that the band that has opened for the Black Crowes recently? I missed their opening act earlier this month but if it's the same folks, Chris Robinson came out and did a tune or two with them.

Yes, they have also opened for Gary Louris during his Vagabonds tour.

They are one of, if not the, favorite band of mine to come out in the past couple of years. Frontman Andy Cabic is good friends with Devendra Banhart and they each play on each others records. The first two Vetiver full legnths are amazing albums and if you like the covers record I reccomend grabbing those. I have enjoyed the covers album and ep this year and it opened me up to some old obscure artists (or at least old albums by artists I already listened to). I only saw them once opening for Gary Louris but they were great live and did a good job backing Louris. Can't wait for the new album on Sub Pop.