I haven't seen anything posted about this, and I'm a little surprised. This is a great collection of unreleased/new material that was put together by Aaron and Bryce Dessner of The National to benefit the Red Hot Organization. They have been previewing one song from it every day on MySpace for the last couple weeks, and will continue until February 14th. There are some AMAZING tracks on here from all your favorite "indie" bands. The song today is from Sufjan and it blew me away. It sounds like something off of Thom Yorke's new solo album. I encourage everyone to check it out and buy it when it's released on February 17th; you get some phenomenal music you can't get anywhere else, and you're giving to a good cause.

Dark was the Night MySpace

this compilation is amazing. think there's only maybe 5 or 6 out of the 31 tracks i don't like

that Sufjan song is more like 3 or 4 songs in one. i dig some of it, but the last 3 minutes is dull city. he's actually done stuff like that before, on his Enjoy Your Rabbit record years ago...

my faves are the Yeasayer and National tracks by far. both Bon Iver tracks are nice too

Actually, it had been brought up before, but I didn't know they were streaming songs. Thanks for the link! Sufjan is totally channeling Thom Yorke.

I was just thinking, "Didn't I start a thread about this awhile ago? Nah, must've been on another forum." Glad I'm not going crazy :lol

I'm still working my way through a stack of new CDs I've gotten recently, but I definitely need to order this.

If you preorder through the link on their website you get a free 7"' while supplies last. They don't say what it is though. It could be some piece of crap the company's trying to unload. :lol

i'm guessing it's the Knotty Pine/So Far Around The Bend one that is for sale in the UK

If you preorder through the link on their website you get a free 7"' while supplies last. They don't say what it is though. It could be some piece of crap the company's trying to unload. :lol

Ooh, thanks! I'll have to look into that.

How's the MMJ track?

this compilation is amazing. think there's only maybe 5 or 6 out of the 31 tracks i don't like

that Sufjan song is more like 3 or 4 songs in one. i dig some of it, but the last 3 minutes is dull city. he's actually done stuff like that before, on his Enjoy Your Rabbit record years ago...

my faves are the Yeasayer and National tracks by far. both Bon Iver tracks are nice too

The Sufjan song is a steaming pile of poo.

There I said it. You can go back to your normal business.