Suggest Some Strings

For all you old timers....

The Flock

Its a Beautiful Day

Seatrain

LouieB

Thank you, Lou :thumbup

This might be obvious but if you haven't delved into the early Velvets or his solo stuff look no further than this guy

cale.jpg

John Cale.

Fairport Convention also is worth checking out, and the record Wilco made with The Minus 5 has some great violin by Jessy Green, there's a great set from a 2002 show Wilco did where Green sat in on violin for most of the songs Setlist, sadly my copies are back at home or else I'd upload some tracks, but if you can find that anywhere it's quite good.

--Mike

Apocalyptica's "inquisition symphony"

it's a bunch of crazed cellists who cover Metallica and have some originals, too. I think theres 5 of them, and they hail from finland.

A girl I used to work with turned me on to them, an unlikely source to say the least.

whenever they pop up on the shuffle, i bend an ear!!

Thank you, Lou :thumbup

Well most people neither know of nor care about any of those groups anymore....totally relegated to the bustbin of music...

Strangely no one seems to have mentioned Phil Spector's groups either.

And for some more recent groups, how about Poi Dog Pondering and The Mekons, both of whom have violin players featured prominently.

LouieB