5/31/2009 The Pageant Saint Louis, MO

6/1/2009 Lifestyle Communities Pavilion Columbus, OH

6/3/2009 Tabernacle Atlanta, GA

6/4/2009 Memorial Auditorium Raleigh, NC

6/5/2009 National Richmond, VA

6/10/2009 Radio City Music Hall New York, NY

Presales starting at Noon TODAY:

http://www.decemberists.tickets.musictoday...s/calendar.aspx

That's not much of a tour! I would assume they'll also be out later in the summer?

one would assume.

honestly dunno if i'm willing to give them another chance... last 3x i've seen them have all been let downs. granted doesn't help that i haven't loved an album of theirs since Her Majesty either, but still.

seems like they're always sick when they come through Mpls and it affects their performance quite a bit. first time it was Petra who was sick (when she toured w/ them), then i think Colin.

Radio City?! Wow..seems large...thanks for the dates! I am looking forward ot the tour!

:dancing

They must be more popular than I would have thought. Playing at the Fillmore in Colorado which is also large.

Radio City?! Wow..seems large...thanks for the dates! I am looking forward ot the tour!

Yeah, Radio City is kind of a bummer but what are you gonna do? They've become one of those bands that's transcended the age groups (i.e. they're popular with both teens/college kids and with older NPR-type folks). They sold out Hammerstein when they last played there, didn't they? And that was like two years ago. Not many other places to go in NYC after you start selling out Hammerstein.

If I can find a decent ticket, I'll try to go to Radio City. But all I was pulling up in presale was Row A and B, which isn't bad (remember at Radio City, it goes AAA-DDD, then AA-ZZ, then A-Z) but one would hope to be able to do a little better.

Fwiw, I certainly don't have many great things to say about Terminal 5, but their show there the day after Election Day was pretty awesome. :thumbup

I loved their show on Halloween in the chapel at Wheaton College. The tour announcement did specify that this is only Phase 1 of the tour, so I'd expect another round at some point in the summer. I would have jumped on Riverside tickets, but I don't think that date is going to work for me.

honestly dunno if i'm willing to give them another chance... last 3x i've seen them have all been let downs. granted doesn't help that i haven't loved an album of theirs since Her Majesty either, but still.
I have seen them three times too and each time I am less impressed, although they do play well. I have plenty of nice memories of them though...

LouieB

What's the deal with Terminal 5, Paul? I haven't been there yet but they seem to get a lot of good bands. Is it too big to enjoy the shows?

Yeah, it's a Bowery Presents venue so they do get some good bands. Basically once bands have outgrown Bowery Ballroom and Webster Hall, they seem to move them over to Terminal 5. It's a big space with three levels in the middle of nowhere (right off the West Side highway). The couple of shows I've seen there I've just made it a point to get there early and get up close and it was fine, but I can imagine it would kind of suck if you were in the back, especially on the main floor. So basically, like most places, I feel like if you get up pretty close, it's OK; otherwise, probably not so great.

Getting out of Terminal 5 after a show can be somewhat disastrous as well. Can't imagine how that place doesn't violate some sort of fire code. :pirate