Warriors...come out to playeeeeaay!

There was a midnight showing of The Warriors at a theater in New Haven this weekend. Unfortunately Al and I are both sick and had to skip it. But our friend Brian decided to make it a little more special for the moviegoers. He has been collecting glass bottles for a few months now, and brought them to the theater to pass out for the Bottle Scene. Our friend Jere was on hand to video the event.

Guest Gym Teacher Man

such an awesome movie. terrible, but awesome. i'd love to see it in a theater sometime. i enjoyed the video game a few years back - senseless beatings and killings. can't go wrong!

such an awesome movie. terrible, but awesome. i'd love to see it in a theater sometime. i enjoyed the video game a few years back - senseless beatings and killings. can't go wrong!

I rocked that game. I got stuck in the corner of the dugout when the entire gang of Baseball Furies chased me across the ball field and I killed them all one by one as they lunged at me. It was awesome.

I'm surprised they would let people bring glass bottles into a theater.

I'm sure they didn't announce it, but no one said anything. They still do Rocky Horror and let people bring in all their crap I believe.

I love that movie. Handing out glass bottles at the screening seems like a fun idea. I can dig it!

Oh, I disagree. That just feels like such a wrong note at the end of that movie to me.

Interesting, I would be curious what others think. I always thought of that song as more of a Joe Walsh song than an Eagles song, it seemed to fit the mood to me, lyrically and otherwise.

Not to brag, but I know a guy who was in that movie.

Not to brag, but I know a guy who was in that movie.

It might not be bragging, it all depends on who it was ;).

I hope there isn't one.
Sorry to panic you...I guess it was a video game that came out in 2005. All I ever saw were billboards, so I guess I thought the movie was remade..........thank jah it wasn't.

LouieB

Oh boy.

Remake

A modern-day remake of the film is set to be directed by Tony Scott, with a tentative release date of 2010. The remake may include real gang members and try to create a modern version of the story, set in Los Angeles.