Sirius problems (get it?)

Worst customer service on the face of the earth.

As a listener I loved XM, but it's not the same since the Sirius management team took over. Lacks the original variety. I'm only keeping it because I want to listen to MLB games and I don't have cable. I used to listen to Home Plate 175, but now all the experienced, quality people have been released and replaced with a bunch of blowhard douchebags. Ultimately, satellite radio may only survive by going commercial. Bring on the car commercials!

I've been a loyal Sirius subscriber for 5 years now. Couldn't stand the though of living without it. My other options locally are clearchannel controlled shlock.

Wasnt the biggest fan of the name change for Sirius channel 26, but at least the format has stayed the same. I like the sports coverage too.

As a listener I loved XM, but it's not the same since the Sirius management team took over. Lacks the original variety... all the experienced, quality people have been released and replaced with a bunch of blowhard douchebags.

Agreed. There are a couple good djs now, and there were some terrible ones on XM, but overall, aside from the celebrity djs, the quality has gone down the toilet. Yesterday, they played a Tom Waits song and the dj comes on and says something like 'wow, how can you even speak after such a beautiful song...you just want to let it linger for a while". Then she goes on a lengthy, boring spiel. So much for letting the song linger.

Just like commercial radio, they find one song by a new band and play that song to death.

I only have Sirius in the car, and I don't think I've driven anywhere (even five minute trips to the gas station) in months without hearing at least one Ramones song. I'm not going to say anything negative about the Ramones, but I think that speaks to their narrow programming.

One more gripe: If you have a Jimmy Buffett station, you should not play Jimmy Buffett on any other station.

I won't really care of they go off the air. In my case, it'd probably be a good thing since it'd push me towards an ipod, or some other current/new technology that I have thus far managed to avoid.

I'll be pissed if they raise my subscription rate. I just can't go back to listening to regular radio.

For the next three years the rates are not supposed to be raised, according to their merger agreement with the FCC. It's an agreement with the government, so take it for it's worth. You could do the lifetime subscription plan. Of course, you might want to wait to find out if they stay in business first.

Just like commercial radio, they find one song by a new band and play that song to death.

There's a small playlist on each channel. I've heard a set of songs in the late morning and heard them again in the early afternoon (on the same channel).

I don't want to put anybody out of work, but maybe they could save money by not having dj's on the music channels.