Anyone seen Gerry Rafferty lately?..

Weird, 7 months is a long time to be missing.

I think you answered the question yourself

He's got this dream about buyin' some land

He's gonna give up the booze and the one night stands

And then he'll settle down, in some quiet little town

And forget about everything

addiction is brutal, no doubt.

that said, City to city is a great album. just a total 70s album that is so smooth. wish they produced them like that these days. maybe a little less smooth though. there is a song on there called 'stealin' time' which is amazing.

it's amazing the man makes a living on two songs. it's like randy meisner...he co-wrote take it to the limit and makes a good living off of it FOREVER!

addiction is brutal, no doubt.

that said, City to city is a great album. just a total 70s album that is so smooth. wish they produced them like that these days. maybe a little less smooth though. there is a song on there called 'stealin' time' which is amazing.

it's amazing the man makes a living on two songs. it's like randy meisner...he co-wrote take it to the limit and makes a good living off of it FOREVER!

C'mon, it's 3 songs. Baker Street, Right down the line, and Stuck in the Middle (I assume he gets Steelers wheel money).

I like all 3 of those songs.

Nothing wrong with a bender but it sounds like he has been on one for 30 years.

Raphael Ravenscroft. I believe he either played on the LP or the tour (or both) for Roger Waters' The Pros And Cons Of Hitchhiking.

I know that record was universally panned, but I always liked it.

If anyone ever needed any encouragement to quit drinking...the following graph from the story should do the trick:

The hotel director told a Scottish newspaper that after Rafferty checked out, the carpets, curtains and bed frame had to be ripped out and incinerated. Alex Huggan said: "He has damaged quite a lot of his room, because he has been incontinent for four days. There was blood and urine everywhere."

well done, MB, you've done you're homework.

and if you think gerry's getting a wooden nickel from the stealers stuff think again.

lets all keep him in our prayers, hey?

smile

Raphael Ravenscroft. I believe he either played on the LP or the tour (or both) for Roger Waters' The Pros And Cons Of Hitchhiking.

I know that record was universally panned, but I always liked it.

I agree with you on that one. Some of the best guitar playing Clapton has done since Cream. Roger somehow got him to really let go.

If anyone ever needed any encouragement to quit drinking...the following graph from the story should do the trick:

I just kind of assume there is blood and urine everywhere in every hotel room. This must have been really nasty.

I agree with you on that one. Some of the best guitar playing Clapton has done since Cream. Roger somehow got him to really let go.

I just kind of assume there is blood and urine everywhere in every hotel room. This must have been really nasty.

Well...maybe not urine...but I damn sure don't use the bedspread/comforter in any hotel room I stay in.

C'mon, it's 3 songs. Baker Street, Right down the line, and Stuck in the Middle (I assume he gets Steelers wheel money).

I like all 3 of those songs.

Nothing wrong with a bender but it sounds like he has been on one for 30 years.

oh yeah, he does get at least 3 songs. my point was that one song can make one a millionaire.

i remember the first time i heard the sax solo in Baker St.... lying in bed on a stinking hot night 20 years ago

my dad was a youth minister in the late 70s and i remember him taking the youth group to the skating rink. i got to go with him and i distinctly remember hearing Baker Street with the disco ball swirling and the skaters doing the boogie bounce!

bloody urine?

I would give diarrhea the edge over pus in scariness. There may be medical backing for my theory.