06/10/09 The NorVa Norfolk, VA

06/11/09 Carnegie Hall New York, NY

06/12/09 Rams Head Live Baltimore, MD

06/14/09 Bonnaroo Music Festival Manchester, TN

06/16/09 Orange Peel Asheville, NC

06/17/09 Neighborhood Theatre Charlotte, NC

06/18/09 House of Blues Myrtle Beach, SC

:rock

Those the only dates so far? Nothing out west? Love these guys.

Those the only dates so far? Nothing out west? Love these guys.

CA dates:

4/15/09 The Catalyst Santa Cruz, CA

4/17/09 Fox Theater Oakland, CA

4/18/09 Coachella Music Festival (Empire Polo Field) Indio, CA

My brother and I are taking our younger brother to the Myrtle Beach show to celebrate him finishing his family medicine residency program. Can't believe my little bro is a doctor. :stunned

I'm definitely going to the Asheville show. My wife and I are really getting into them. I think the singer sort of has the whole Brian Wilson thing going with his vocals.. I dig it.

So who has seen these guys live?

I'm definitely going to the Asheville show. My wife and I are really getting into them. I think the singer sort of has the whole Brian Wilson thing going with his vocals.. I dig it.

So who has seen these guys live?

i have no idea what you are talking about re: Brian Wilson.

i will say this though: i went to see them with expectations for them to only be passable, but i was blown away. go see them live.

-justin

i have no idea what you are talking about re: Brian Wilson.

Really? You don't hear the similarities? The high voice, the way he phrases a lot of his words. I definitely hear the influence.. But maybe its just me..

i've seen them 5x and i'd have to say they're hit or miss... first time i saw them Ben was just fucking around the entire show (granted this was when Matt Brooks was still in the band) and joking about weed for large portion of the show (it was funny, but got old).

when they're on they're really good though, but the last First Ave show Ben just complained about the sound the entire night (it sounded just fine in the crowd fwiw) ala Ryan Adams. luckily 2 weeks later at the Fillmore in San Fran they redeemed themselves.

Ben's a great dude tho, his wife lives in Minneapolis and i've seen him out at a bunch of shows (Blitzen Trapper, Fleet Foxes, etc.) and he's very approachable.

i've seen them 5x and i'd have to say they're hit or miss... first time i saw them Ben was just fucking around the entire show (granted this was when Matt Brooks was still in the band) and joking about weed for large portion of the show (it was funny, but got old).

when they're on they're really good though, but the last First Ave show Ben just complained about the sound the entire night (it sounded just fine in the crowd fwiw) ala Ryan Adams. luckily 2 weeks later at the Fillmore in San Fran they redeemed themselves.

Ben's a great dude tho, his wife lives in Minneapolis and i've seen him out at a bunch of shows (Blitzen Trapper, Fleet Foxes, etc.) and he's very approachable.

Thanks for the info, I'm hoping my show will be a hit not a miss. But either way, I'm stoked about it..

And I can't stand it when musicians complain about the sound. Yes, Ryan Adams is famous for that... It always seems to be about "need more vocals in the monitors".. If you can't hear yourself, pop in some ear plugs. It works every time.. Stop whining.. :lol

Thanks for the info, I'm hoping my show will be a hit not a miss. But either way, I'm stoked about it..

And I can't stand it when musicians complain about the sound. Yes, Ryan Adams is famous for that... It always seems to be about "need more vocals in the monitors".. If you can't hear yourself, pop in some ear plugs. It works every time.. Stop whining.. :lol

well i've played enough shows to understand how frustrating it can be, but the thing is, the rest of the band seemed to be having no problem with it that night, and Ben just let it ruin his attitude and night, which was a bummer.

well i've played enough shows to understand how frustrating it can be, but the thing is, the rest of the band seemed to be having no problem with it that night, and Ben just let it ruin his attitude and night, which was a bummer.

True. Some nights, the chemistry is just off for bands.. I've seen it happen at a few shows. Whether its the sound, an obnoxious fan, there are many things that can cause a band to have a bad show.

• 2 weeks later...

Still have not heard if they are coming to town. Anybody know why they named that song "Detlef Schrempf"? I mean, I know who Detlef is but I'm not hearing why it's called that? It's such a beautiful song.