Blueridge Guitars

Looking at a Blueridge BR-70 as my 'second' and upgraded guitar. I'm not really a playa, but had a ton of fun lately picking out the chords to Broken Family Band and Frightened Rabitt songs.

http://www.stevesmusic.com/index.php?main_...roducts_id=3410

The deal I'm looking at is $699 cad with a hardshell case. Worth it for a low -mid range guitar? I especially like the neck. It just seems soo easy to play.

BR70.jpg

I have a Blueridge BR 143. It's basically a copy of a Martin OOO type of guitar, I think. I'm very happy wth it. I think it would have cost $599 US, but I got it used with a case on a trade in deal. I think the used price was $475.

blueridge%20br%20143%20guitar%20022_edited-1.JPG

I have a Blueridge BR 143. It's basically a copy of a Martin OOO type of guitar, I think. I'm very happy wth it. I think it would have cost $599 US, but I got it used with a case on a trade in deal. I think the used price was $475.

blueridge%20br%20143%20guitar%20022_edited-1.JPG

Thanks. That's a really pretty guitar.

Gonna pull out the credit card later this week. I figure I'll be supporting both the banks and the Chinese economy in one purchase.

• 1 month later...

I love my BR 70. Almost went up a step to the BR 165 (?) which seemed to have soild rosewood sides as opposed to a rosewood laminate.

I'm sure I won't be able to notice the difference

Got talking to my Ian Russell from my fav band of the moment - $100 and low and behold Ian uses a Blueridge. I pointed him to the local shop which seems to have the best selection of anybody I've seen.

Ian's BR-50 (?), that I got the pleasure to play with, can be seen here.

My advice is to save your money for a few more months and buy a Martin.........Why not get the best rather than an imitation?

Agreed. I my very humble opinion, sub-1K guitars tend to no be worth it in the long run. You tend to "out-grow" them. Since (most) guitars you have for a long time, there is no harm in saving up a little longer for the real deal. I also do not think above 3k guitars are worth it, either (law of diminishing returns governs). Best bang-fo-buck is a Martin 18 series, IMHO. Save up for a 000-18 and you'll be happy.

My advice is to save your money for a few more months and buy a Martin.........Why not get the best rather than an imitation?

Agreed. Save your $ and grab a Martin. Even a well-taken-care-of used Martin will be more than fine. I'm a fan of my HD-28...

Umm - no. Most stores have a trade up program with something like 70-80 percent of the purchase refunded when you go up . If I do go for a Martin, I'll do it that way, but i want something that I don't want to worry too much about, yet still plays nice.

Besides, no way I'm spending that much while still being an absolutely terrible player.

I'd agree with Nudie here. You can find great Martin's at reasonable prices. Same price as your BR is this Martin: Martin DX1

That's what I have, and the thing is SWEET. I guess I'd consider myself an intermediate-range player. Had it for about 5 years and it has served me very well.

That's what I have, and the thing is SWEET. I guess I'd consider myself an intermediate-range player. Had it for about 5 years and it has served me very well.

I have that and the Martin D16GT. Its a pretty awesome, booming combo. No complaints either way.