• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy... here I am throwing myself in the fire...

I have listened to the show, and he is a bit of a blow hard for sure, but he is just a conservative, not a bona-fide hate proliferator. He does not care for the politics of the hard left (hate, maybe, or just "good" radio) and will spout off on the democrats and their liberal agenda until the cows come home. Being a conservative though, does not mean he is a hard right winger (I mean Nazi stuff, KKK kind of stuff) that is where a lot of the "hate" comes from.

Some of the issues of the social conservatives do come from the church, and Rush buys into some of those, like gay marriage. Just try to understand that his, and MOST social conservatives, the argument comes down the the use of the WORD marriage ONLY, and not the legal rights to file jointly on taxes, visitation rights in hospitals, life insurance beneficiaries, etc. He does not hate gay people. He believes in "civil unions", that are marriage without the WORD marriage. The church wants to keep that. If that is "hate" then he most definitely is that.

***DISCLAIMER*** These are not my views... the question was asked and I am trying to put an objective answer to the question.

He also believes in the "free market" philosophy of economics. And although I have not listened to him in a quite a while, I am sure he is spouting off about the spending that is going on the new stimulus package. I would guess he would want to let the market correct itself (not positive on that one, but I'd bet some serious coin on it).

In conclusion... although Rush Limbaugh may be a giant, deaf, pill-popping douche-bag, I don't think that he spreads "hate". He may not hold the same political stance as some of you, but that what makes and KEEPS this country great.

Don't kill me

I will take this a step further and say he does nto care for anyone's politics whose views do not paralell his, be they the hard left, the middle, middle right, not body but those who support his views. I will also say unequivically that he will always put party over country.