• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Rush is kind of a douche, but six paragraphs denouncing him on a Wilco message board may be a bit much, no?

Rush is starting to sound like that arm wrestling dude who stalked Sylvester Stallone in the surprise hit, Over the Top.

Surprise hit? Surprise flop, is more like it. Over The Top reached #4 at the box office in its opening weekend. It was 68th biggest movie of the year (1987). Total domestic gross was just over $16 million. Compare that to Stallone's previous feature, Cobra, which was not considered a 'hit' for Stallone, yet grossed $49 million. If anything, Over The Top, a misguided, poorly received feature with a soundtrack by Sammy Hagar, marked the beginning of the decline of Stallone's bankability as an action star.

Surprise hit? Surprise flop, is more like it. Over The Top reached #4 at the box office in its opening weekend. It was 68th biggest movie of the year (1987). Total domestic gross was just over $16 million. Compare that to Stallone's previous feature, Cobra, which was not considered a 'hit' for Stallone, yet grossed $49 million. If anything, Over The Top, a misguided, poorly received feature with a soundtrack by Sammy Hagar, marked the beginning of the decline of Stallone's bankablility as an action star.

Post of the thread! medal.gif

I have always operated under the assumption that Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, etc are fully aware that they get more viewers, more attention, and more money every time they say controversial things that piss people off. The only time I hear about these people is when people complain about them...but that means whatever they are doing is working, since I hear about them all the time. I can't imagine getting pissed off at anything they say, since I know that part of their intended effect is to piss people off. Rush Limbaugh could say Obama was Satan reborn for all I care.

Just ignore them as best as you can. Anything else is exactly what they want.

Surprise hit? Surprise flop, is more like it. Over The Top reached #4 at the box office in its opening weekend. It was 68th biggest movie of the year (1987). Total domestic gross was just over $16 million. Compare that to Stallone's previous feature, Cobra, which was not considered a 'hit' for Stallone, yet grossed $49 million. If anything, Over The Top, a misguided, poorly received feature with a soundtrack by Sammy Hagar, marked the beginning of the decline of Stallone's bankability as an action star.

Cobra was a good movie.

Umm, it's all been down hill since Lords of Flatbush. He may have made money, but his movies are really really bad...all of them including Rocky.

Umm, it's all been down hill since Lords of Flatbush. He may have made money, but his movies are really really bad...all of them including Rocky.

The first Rocky was really good. Maybe not Academy Award for Best Picture good, but really good.

Hold on here hotshot!

He was great in........................uh..................wait a minute here...............that one flick where he killed some..............hold on, I'll get back to ya......

Guest Jules
Rush is the most deplorable kind of human out there. I think we all know that. Anybody that lies to people to get rich can go choke on a dick.

It's not lying if you think it's true.

The hell you say. Rocky is a fine film.

The first Rocky was really good. Maybe not Academy Award for Best Picture good, but really good.

I beg to differ. To me it is formula driven crap. I was not entertained. By the end of the movie I had no interest in any of the characters, well maybe a little bit of feelings for Butkus. Point being is that I didn

I think I

I hear the beliefs and methods of Rush Limbaugh in Tweedy's lyrics all the time. And being fat is not a sign of being a bad person. And he's awesome.

:rotfl

I just learned that gay marriage is to blame for the economic meldown... that and stem-cell research used to clone gay babies.