ViaChicago Fundraising

1. I am very excited at the prospect of an original Lackey design.

2. I'm still hoping that we're going to get other designs, too. Lots of good ideas have been tossed around in here, now let's see some action! :dancing

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gym Teacher Man
I'd buy a shirt that says "my friend say boo hiss to Nels Cline" on the front...

"Should I stab him?" on the back.

I like the "highly messed up freaks" and "am-bt-st-yhf-agib-sbs" ideas.

I like the "highly messed up freaks" and "am-bt-st-yhf-agib-sbs" ideas.

It was "highy" which is what made it so funny at the time (and now). It still makes me giggle.

Also, wasn't there an almost as awesome quote regarding Glenn and how he used to wear braces? Someone will have a better memory than me.

• 2 weeks later...

Since we can't PM anymore...

If you've got a design that you want to submit, please e-mail it to me at maudiemcc [at@] hotmail.com. Also, post in here that you've done so, because I don't usually check that e-mail address.

Thanks!

Can you even copyright a building?

Didn't the owners of the Marina Towers (a.k.a. the YHF cover) try to claim rights over the use of its image? Whatever became of that?

I too eagerly await j4lackey's contribution...

front.gif

I like it, but being the dickhead editor that I am, I would suggest not separating the phrase "messed up" like that ... stack it around the picture so it reads a bit better, something like this:

HIGHY

MESSED UP

[picture]

FREAKS

wm-front.jpg

wm-back.jpg

I like it, but being the dickhead editor that I am, I would suggest not separating the phrase "messed up" like that ... stack it around the picture so it reads a bit better, something like this:

HIGHY

MESSED UP

[picture]

FREAKS

No - see that's the thing. Breaking up "messed" and "up" was a deliberate artistic decision THAT A FUCKING EDITOR WOULDN'T UNDERSTNAD!!!!

Really? No designs? I saw that a little too late but it's a great idea. I am an artist and I would love to do something to help support this board. If you would be willing to extend the deadline by a few days, I will definitely contribute a few ideas.
Yes, please! The deadline was put there because we've got some other fundraising ideas, and wanted to get this rolling before the next phases began, but we are absolutely willing to extend the deadline. Any designs would be more than welcome! :yes
Guest Speed Racer
If that turns out to be the only design submitted, I'm going to stab you all with the jagged edge of a broken Wilco (The Album) CD.

In the interest of economics, you should probably use a broken Wilco Book CD, since there seem to be plenty of those.

In the interest of economics, you should probably use a broken Wilco Book CD, since there seem to be plenty of those.

That is brilliant!

am going to put a couple things together this weekend (and maybe bring to life some ideas in the thread). I'll email you go go.

Economically speaking, she should use broken Wilco (the Album) CDs, because she will have to buy more and more copies to accomodate the amount of people stabbed. This would drive up demand and sales for Wilco (the Album), thus serving the greater good.

Guest Speed Racer
Economically speaking, she should use broken Wilco (the Album) CDs, because she will have to buy more and more copies to accomodate the amount of people stabbed. This would drive up demand and sales for Wilco (the Album), thus serving the greater good.

People who mail in broken WBCDs toward the cause can donate more money to VC, are more likely to have the means to afford the $5,000 W(TA) pre-order package with limited edition Brita pitcher, not to mention concert tickets.

Folks who have to send in W(TA) albums for the cause will have to buy them special for the event, and won't have cash to donate to VC. The site will collapse, we'll all be a bloody mess, gogo will be sobbing with no music and no friends to console her, and Wilco will be dancing on our e-graves.