REM overrated / underrated from Magnet Magazine

My question is more about Magnet than REM: does anyone know if Magnet is still publishing a real magazine?

I subscribe and haven't received a new issue on a realllly long time. The "new" issue they show on their website is the most recent issue I have (and it is dated "Winter 2009.")

Their Wilco list was rubbish.

The dis on Via Chicago (the board, not the song) was rubbish.

I have to agree with the choices of underrated songs though. Company In My Back, A Shot in The Arm, and Remember the Mountain Bed are superior songs that aren't high on most lists. Hard to pick a favorite Wilco song, but Company In My Back is in there.

As for REM, I like Accelerate, but only for Peter Buck's guitar work. I don't think it's overrated, but that's because I never thought it got a high rating among fans and critics.

My question is more about Magnet than REM: does anyone know if Magnet is still publishing a real magazine?

I subscribe and haven't received a new issue on a realllly long time. The "new" issue they show on their website is the most recent issue I have (and it is dated "Winter 2009.")

To answer my own question about Magnet, I did email them and here is the response I got:

"We haven't published an issue since the Nick Cave one. We are trying to weather these horrible economic times and hope to do a new issue soon. Since our subscriptions are based on number of issues, not a length of time, you shouldn't be shortchanged on your subscription."

In my own humbel opinion, So. Central Rain is an amazingly beautuful song, and a little underrated in REM's canon, if you ask me. It's my all time favorite song -- from Peter Buck's opening guitar chords to the Stipe's wail at the end, and everything in between -- it's pure perfection.

Accelerate is a great, fun, fast album -- Horse to Water, Accelerate, et all-- great songs.

I have to concur with the under rated, but would add Me in Honey, I'll Take the Rain, Disappear, King of Birds, & the 11th Untitled Song from Green. Also, Good Advices, Sweetness Follows, did anyone mention Walk Unafraid, Low Desert, Undertow, Wake Up Bomb, Day Sleeper...oh, the list goes on and on and on.

“It’s The End Of The World As We Know It” is one step above Billy Joel’s “We Didn’t Start The Fire,” and that’s not a good place to be.

Reasons number 1 to 100 never to read that hack writer again. And isn't the instrument he is on about on Leave, winding it's way through the song, an ARP synth?