I love this picture

Is it? I have no idea.

The theory is that the dog was placed with a family temporarily until such a time as the Kennedys could "take the dog back" from the owners "who didn't have time for it." Thus making it a type of rescue, more like a re-home. Whether it is true or not is anyone's guess, but if it really was a dog that the owners couldn't handle, and Ted Kennedy brokered the re-home, it is just as good as a rescue in my book because that dog might have ended up at a shelter or breed rescue (but probably would go back to the breeder first but whatever). I'm good with the choice and the gift and the decision.

The theory is that the dog was placed with a family temporarily until such a time as the Kennedys could "take the dog back" from the owners "who didn't have time for it." Thus making it a type of rescue, more like a re-home. Whether it is true or not is anyone's guess, but if it really was a dog that the owners couldn't handle, and Ted Kennedy brokered the re-home, it is just as good as a rescue in my book because that dog might have ended up at a shelter or breed rescue (but probably would go back to the breeder first but whatever). I'm good with the choice and the gift and the decision.
It appears that it is half a rescue. The dog was returned to the breeder, so while it was not dropped off at a shelter it is not directly from the breeder. Slack is fine. A nice shelter dog would have been nice, but since they were looking for a particular pure bred, it wasn't going to happen so easily.

(People will use any excuse to criticize the Obamas that's for sure.....)

LouieB

It appears that it is half a rescue. The dog was returned to the breeder, so while it was not dropped off at a shelter it is not directly from the breeder. Slack is fine. A nice shelter dog would have been nice, but since they were looking for a particular pure bred, it wasn't going to happen so easily.

(People will use any excuse to criticize the Obamas that's for sure.....)

LouieB

Since I criticized my dad for going to a breeder, is it okay for me to criticize the Obamas in this instance? :rolleyes