I love this picture

aebc5945-b244-4f9f-9a42-afa4ede31a78.rp350x350.jpg

Thank you SO much for posting this. That picture just makes me smile the biggest smile! :thumbup

aebc5945-b244-4f9f-9a42-afa4ede31a78.rp350x350.jpg

Hopefully this dog dosent die tragicaly cause CNN would run like a month memorial like all day now on 360 the death of americas dog,

now on larry king tragedy in the white house now on the situation room ........ and before you blink they invade iran or somethingg

man im a dick , cant even be positive about a little mut , im sorry and i love animals :cheekkiss

I was hoping that they would have gone to a local rescue group for a dog instead of going with some breeder in Texas.

To me it looks like the dog bit Obama, forcing him to drop the leash and run away from the dog. Hardly the picture of tranquility it was intended to be.

the predominant color of Portuguese Water dogs is black. They also come in a kind of silvery bronze color but I think that is much more rare.

I kind of feel like the Obamas were in a bit of a jam with getting the gift of the dog (whatever the story, i do call a bit of bullshit on the whole thing) from Ted Kennedy. I think it would have been in very poor form to refuse a gift from a man with terminal brain cancer, not to mention from one of the nations most powerful senators, even with the terminal brain cancer.

it is certainly possible that there will be a run on PWDs but they are very expensive. I think instead we'll see some cross breeding--PWDs with Lab retrievers or PWDs with golden retrievers and that might bring down the price.

I'm not a parent, but if I was, I'd be hard pressed to refuse a hypoallergenic dog with training in favor of an unknown quantity dog from an animal shelter as my childs' pet.

the predominant color of Portuguese Water dogs is black. They also come in a kind of silvery bronze color but I think that is much more rare.

I kind of feel like the Obamas were in a bit of a jam with getting the gift of the dog (whatever the story, i do call a bit of bullshit on the whole thing) from Ted Kennedy. I think it would have been in very poor form to refuse a gift from a man with terminal brain cancer, not to mention from one of the nations most powerful senators, even with the terminal brain cancer.

it is certainly possible that there will be a run on PWDs but they are very expensive. I think instead we'll see some cross breeding--PWDs with Lab retrievers or PWDs with golden retrievers and that might bring down the price.

I'm not a parent, but if I was, I'd be hard pressed to refuse a hypoallergenic dog with training in favor of an unknown quantity dog from an animal shelter as my childs' pet.

That's why you go to a rescue group.

The dog just HAD to be black.

When I lived in Rogers Park my dog (a black chow) was a big hit in the neighborhood. People loved him. One woman even wanted a picture of him.

One dude wanted to know how old the dog was. I told him and said "But he's a soul brother, right?" and gave the black power salute. Awesome.

That's why you go to a rescue group.

So you'd refuse a gift from Ted Kennedy because you want to wait and see if a dog shows up in the rescue system? You don't get more rescue-y than me, and I'm gonna cut Obama just a tiny bit of slack here.

So you'd refuse a gift from Ted Kennedy because you want to wait and see if a dog shows up in the rescue system? You don't get more rescue-y than me, and I'm gonna cut Obama just a tiny bit of slack here.

Maybe they should have refused the gift, saying they insisted on adopting a rescue, then Ted could have sent it to a rescue organization. Then the Obamas could have adopted the dog from the rescue org.

Isn't that the typical smoke-and-mirrors approach to things in DC?

Maybe they should have refused the gift, saying they insisted on adopting a rescue, then Ted could have sent it to a rescue organization. Then the Obamas could have adopted the dog from the rescue org.

Isn't that the typical smoke-and-mirrors approach to things in DC?

Isn't that what basically happened?