O.K., it is amazing and I'm very glad for this woman, and that her self-esteem is restored.

But I saw a small snippet of her public interview and when she talked she looked like the eagle on the Muppet Show.

I wonder how much muscle control they can actually restore; and why couldn't (or shouldn't) create a synthetic facial prosethsis to hang the tissue and muscles on, rather than all the danger and risk of a body rejecting the transplanted face?

The lack of compassion and empathy exhibited on the internets NEVER ceases to amaze me.

It helps not to be so serious all the time.

This is a nice story. She had a truly terrifying and scarring (in every possible way) experience that has led to an unexpected and comparatively happy outcome.

What are we supposed to say in this thread besides "Wow!" or "Amazing!"

I believe in my heart that if she saw the comment I made ("I'd hit it"), she'd have a sense of humor about it and perhaps even be a little heartened by it. Seriously.

This is not a tragedy with a horrific ending. Your moral high ground is inappropriate when people choose to add a bit of dark/odd humor to the thread.

It helps not to be so serious all the time.

This is a nice story. She had a truly terrifying and scarring (in every possible way) experience that has led to an unexpected and comparatively happy outcome.

What are we supposed to say in this thread besides "Wow!" or "Amazing!"

I believe in my heart that if she saw the comment I made ("I'd hit it"), she'd have a sense of humor about it and perhaps even be a little heartened by it. Seriously.

This is not a tragedy with a horrific ending. Your moral high ground is inappropriate when people choose to add a bit of dark/odd humor to the thread.

But you wouldn't do her, correct?

I like reading the responses in this thread, but I have to make sure to scroll really fast past the first post so I don't see the before images each time. Once this gets on page two, make sure no one quotes the first post.

(Furthermore, don't just quote the first post just to spite me)

I like reading the responses in this thread, but I have to make sure to scroll really fast past the first post so I don't see the before images each time. Once this gets on page two, make sure no one quotes the first post.

(Furthermore, don't just quote the first post just to spite me)

That little orange button comes in handy with threads like this.