new Les Paul for Jeff?

In several pictures posted on this site and video clips, I see Jeff has been using a gold top Les Paul on this new tour. It seems to be used primarily on Wilco (the song). Anybody who's been to recent shows have any info to add? Knowing Jeff's penchant for unbelievable vintage instruments, perhaps it's a 50's gold top. Anyway, I think it's always cool to see when he breaks out something new, and I don't think I have ever seen him with a true Les Paul, just the Les Paul model SG's.

This is a pretty shrewd financial maneuver. I hope Wilco will continue making enough money to live comfortably, but if that doesn't turn out to be the case, Tweedy will have his hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of guitars and amps that he can sell for a nice profit.

The Les Paul in question is actually pretty new...a custom shop model (assuming we are talking abou t te same guitar) with an after market bigsby...there is a previous thread with an article on the gibson website mentioning it (ill go look)

When i saw the band in Oxford he played it on its just that simple (i think)...

He used the gold top LP for Wilco (The Song) - the opening song for the Pomona show (6-20-09). Pretty strange to see JT with an LP. I really only7 associate Jazzmasters or SGs with the Tweed.

The J-45 obviously is the guitar I most identify with JT. But as we seem to be talking electrics its the SG all the way.

I, too, think of JT with the J-45. THE guitar I associate with him. That scene in IATBYH where they sit around in a circle and play "Poor Places" comes to mind.

He played the Lester tonight at the Mountain Winery in Saratoga, CA. Soapbar pickups, no Bigsby. Only played it during the opening tune, "Wilco (the song)". Other guitars: Les Paul/SG's, Telecaster, Jazzmaster, the Gibson Howard Roberts, Gibson acoustic, and the OO Martin.

He played the Lester tonight at the Mountain Winery in Saratoga, CA. Soapbar pickups, no Bigsby. Only played it during the opening tune, "Wilco (the song)". Other guitars: Les Paul/SG's, Telecaster, Jazzmaster, the Gibson Howard Roberts, Gibson acoustic, and the OO Martin.

The one for Walken? I thought it is a Barney Kessel

barneykessel.jpg