Did I make a mistake selling this for so little

I had one of these. In fact it was IDENTICAL -- except with a metallic blue finish (and matching-colored pickups).

Sold it back in 1997 for $100.

I only paid $50 for it a few years earlier, so I made a 100% profit on it, but still... how much is something like this going for these days?

silvertone_jag_6-2006.jpg

Oh, and I hated playing the damn thing. It had a neck like a baseball bat, was light as a feather, and would NOT stay in-tune. (Really crappy tuners.)

Still, a mistake given the market?

It's a 1965 Harmony-built Silvertone.

The guitar looks pretty cool, but I'm sure it looks better than it plays or sounds.

These things probably gained a LOT of value now that St. Vincent is so popular.

st_vincent_01.jpg

1997 is a long time ago. I passed up a lot of great deals back then, and if I still had all the equipment I had during the '90s I'd be able to make a very nice chunk of cash.

Yeah, we like Silvertones but purely have them to stick on the walls for show...can't play it for shit, ersonally don't think they're all that other than a nice look - need a cab to get from the strings to the neck!

These things probably gained a LOT of value now that St. Vincent is so popular.

st_vincent_01.jpg

1997 is a long time ago. I passed up a lot of great deals back then, and if I still had all the equipment I had during the '90s I'd be able to make a very nice chunk of cash.

Apparently it's an orgasmic experience to play one...