is it so uprising a white man born in 1913, with a large amount of power was/is a racist? As horrible as the statement is (an I am not justifying it in any way) it was probably more of a common thought with much of America at that time (1973). Hell the US government just apologized for slavery. So I am not surprised or shocked, or actually offend in a way.

I would be more offending if it where said today, but again unfortunatly not surprised.

is it so uprising a white man born in 1913, with a large amount of power was/is a racist? As horrible as the statement is (an I am not justifying it in any way) it was probably more of a common thought with much of America at that time (1973). Hell the US government just apologized for slavery. So I am not surprised or shocked, or actually offend in a way.

I would be more offending if it where said today, but again unfortunatly not surprised.

To disapprove of a mixed-race relationship is one thing. Sounds like he's grudgingly tolerating the relationship, as long as it doesn't produce offspring. Just a weird place to draw the abortion line.

To disapprove of a mixed-race relationship is one thing. Sounds like he's grudgingly tolerating the relationship, as long as it doesn't produce offspring. Just a weird place to draw the abortion line.

It's just plain weird to say something like that. Does he imagine an interracial couple discovering the pregnant and thinking, "Oh shit, we're going to have a mulatto baby! We better get an abortion." Nixon was, at times, brilliant, paranoid, and just plain goofy.

I would add “If your unborn child has any chance of growing up to be Richard Nixon” to Richard’s list of appropriate situations in which abortion should be considered and/or exercised.