Ok, this is important.

When counting the nothings at the end, do you include the last one? The "nothing at all" at the end?

:dontgetit

GREAT question. I have never counted this one only to find out from others, that have counted, I was one off so this made me think that it is counted?

Ok, this is important.

When counting the nothings at the end, do you include the last one? The "nothing at all" at the end?

:dontgetit

I usually don't count the final "nothing at all," there has to be an official ruling on this, bböp's been to more Wilco shows than anyone else I think, I think he should get to make the final judgment.

--Mike

I wasn't a nothing counter, until seeing the band in L.A last month. I was at the Pomona, CA show. It was awesome. I read the review in the L.A. Times the next day, where the writer reported on Jeff's 42 nothings. Could it be? 42? So at the Wiltern Show a week later, I counted, including the last, "nothing at all." Wow! 42! That's a lot of nothings. A highlight of both nights, to be sure! As Billy Preston once sang, "nothing from nothing, leaves nothing." So, yes, the last nothing should be counted.

I still think the 10-19-06 show in D.C. at the 930 Club holds the "official" record for most Nothings.

I just tried counting them and I lost track at about 70. Edit: It's 75 Nothings. In fact, from 4:17-5:56 that's all there is.

Unfortunately, I can't find old reviews of the show on here for an accurate count.

Kristofor

PS Maybe at the Minor League Ballpark shows we can put up Nothing signs like they do for pitchers and strikeouts/Ks.

Edit 2: Here's the link to listen in on what could be the Cooperstown definitive version of this song. There has to be a show where Jeff hit 80.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qmpghl