Winter Residency - Not For The Season

I apologize if this has been discussed previously (I didnt find anything in a search) but in reviewing my copy of Wilco's Winter Residency, I do not have a performance of Not for the Season (Laminated Cat). Do I have an incomplete copy or was it not played because it was never officially released?

I recently rewatched a live version from 2001 or 2002 on youtube. I think this is a song which would really lend itself to the current version of the band. Also, I'd love to see Wilco release a rarities and b-sides version album at some point which would include the Wilco version of this song.

Guest Jules

not entirely true, there's a ton of difference between "Not For the Season" on the YHF demos, and "Laminated Cat" on Loose Fur.

Yeah, but it's the same song. For example, if Jeff plays this solo, he plays it the same whether or not it's "Not for the Season" or "Laminated Cat".

not entirely true, there's a ton of difference between "Not For the Season" on the YHF demos, and "Laminated Cat" on Loose Fur.

speaking of the YHF demos. Are they avaible in flac somewhere? I am having SHN issues (don't ask something to do with MKW tool and me not being an adminstrator-work computer). I can decode flac but not shns-go figure. The New school trumps oldschool. The Demos1 is in flac and I just nabbed that but the Engineer's Demos are in Shn and I can't get them and that is where Not for the Season is.

edit~ NEVERMIND! MKW is working for some reason. I am off to buy a lotto ticket. I am in the zone today! :dancing

speaking of the YHF demos. Are they avaible in flac somewhere? I am having SHN issues (don't ask something to do with MKW tool and me not being an adminstrator-work computer). I can decode flac but not shns-go figure. The New school trumps oldschool. The Demos1 is in flac and I just nabbed that but the Engineer's Demos are in Shn and I can't get them and that is where Not for the Season is.

edit~ NEVERMIND! MKW is working for some reason. I am off to buy a lotto ticket. I am in the zone today! :dancing

you can get 2 sets the demos here:

normal:

http://download.owlandbear.com/Wilco%20-%20YHF%20Demos%201

and the engineering version:

http://download.owlandbear.com/Wilco%20-%20YHF%20Demos%202

I was bummed on night 2 of the Residency the first time they played a repeat. Somehow in my warped little mind I was thinking alright 30 songs a night x 5 nights equals 150 totally unique songs. They would've had to dig real deep into the bag to pull that of. B-sides, unreleased tracks, Loose Fur, UT, etc. Not that there's anything to complain about the Residency, because it was wonderful, but that would've been even more ridiculous than the whole thing already was.

you can get 2 sets the demos here:

and the engineering version:

http://download.owlandbear.com/Wilco%20-%20YHF%20Demos%202

this is the one I am having trouble with. seriously this is the weirdest thing. I get an "invalid argument" error message when I try to decode them. However I was able to decode 2 yesterday (ironically the 2 Not for the Seasons-like how I brought it back on topic instead of thread-jacking? B) ) so I don't know what to do. Does anyone want to try d/ling a track and see if they get the same error message?

The demo version was more of a power pop type tune. I do agree that the Loose Fur version would be greatly served by the current lineup. I'd also like to see Wilco do Wreck Room