My band played Toronto last night...

http://lonelyvagabond.com/wpmu/2009/07/28/kalle-mattson-the-drake/

KALLE MATTSON - THE DRAKE

Like Wilco colliding with a sunny day, Kalle Mattson injects indie-rock with elements off-kilter folk and rootsy accents. Ringing guitars, Jeff Tweedy-style vocals, and exhibiting rock finesse to counterbalance their youngish appearance. This four-piece from Sault St Marie is a triumph of radiant energy. They definitely have their hearts in the right place.

Yeah I can't even believe it, we're on tour right now and playing London (Ontario) tonight with a band from Toronto called the Great Bloomers, talk to you guys soon!

Thanks folks! We are now home from tour, it was a ton ton of fun and something that was really great for the band, lot's of good things to come.

Here is a video of one song that was recorded at the show that was reviewed above.

Kalle Mattson - Palm Sunday

Crazy, if I were home in Toronto right now I would likely have gone to this show, and then be disappointed finding out a VC member played without my knowledge. Congrats, that's awesome praise from Lonely Vagabond, and playing with the Great Bloomers is pretty exciting. I like your music. Come back to Toronto!