New Neil Young movie....

Apparently that's going to be playing at the upcoming Toronto film fest, and ol' Neil is going to be there. Think I will have to check it out.

speechless! that is gonna kick so much ass! yes, that was the initial chrome dreams tour where neil busted out Try and Mexico. hope those are in the movie. as well as a long Hidden Path!

I had 7th row seats smack in the middle for the Wallingford, CT show. I was doing the seat shuffle for all 22+ minutes of "NHP."

I had 7th row seats smack in the middle for the Wallingford, CT show. I was doing the seat shuffle for all 22+ minutes of "NHP."

cool! he hasn't come south for about 3 years now. i'm hoping an acoustic tour is in the works and he makes his way down here.

cool! he hasn't come south for about 3 years now. i'm hoping an acoustic tour is in the works and he makes his way down here.

The "Trunk Show Tour" was Neil solo acoustic for a set. A 20 minute break. Then it was Neil, Ben Keith, Rick Rosas, Ralph Molina, Pegi, and a few other backup singers plugged. Double fix.

The "Trunk Show Tour" was Neil solo acoustic for a set. A 20 minute break. Then it was Neil, Ben Keith, Rick Rosas, Ralph Molina, Pegi, and a few other backup singers plugged. Double fix.

that's right. man, that must have been a great show. i love ben keith. we went to see CSNY on that LWW tour in atlanta and ben was just walking around in the audience. my wife was like, 'there's ben keith!' i was so happy i had schooled her so well on neil and his cronies:) incidently, that show ended up being the centerpiece of the Deja Vu movie a few years back. pretty interesting scene.

Am I nuts or was there some onstage canvas painting going on in that trailer?

Saw Neil twice on this tour and as Cortez already confirmedthere was a dude doing a painting on stage each night.

I saw Neil on this tour, first night of three at Massey Hall, a 2,500 seat theatre with the best sound in the world and I was fifth row. When he played Ambulance Blues people were crying all around me. It was possibly the best concert I have ever been to.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a fan of Jonathan Demme making Neil Young concert films on a regular basis.

At least one more is planned:

Neil Young Trunk Show, the second in Jonathan Demme’s planned film trilogy on the legendary rocker, is an unconscious, raw, in-the-moment concert movie that respects the immediacy of creativity and the creator.

I also found this a bit funny, usually directors encourage anyone to see their film:

“I always tell people, absolutely and sincerely, if you’re not a Neil Young fan, don’t waste your time,” Demme adds. “Second of all, if you don’t love electric guitar, don’t go. Because of ‘No Hidden Path,’ you’ve got to be there for electric guitar. It’s got to speak to you in order to get what that’s all about.”

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/09/16/behind-neil-young-trunk-show-director-demme-on-capturing-a-legend-in-new-film/