Wilco sounds more like The Grateful Dead than any band playing today

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I read something wrong, or didn't he say that Wilco sounds like "music with emotional substance"? Because if he did, I fail to follow the inspiration for your reply...

It was edited

ah, you're right i guess. well then the other guy's an asshole.

Another line for my sig?

I think he posted the troll picture because the guy has been a member here for 3 years and just made his first post. That wasn't too difficult to figure out.

Why not post a picture of a lurker, then? My post was a compliment to Wilco's songwriting. Don't read the boards much, just come infrequently looking for guitar tabs. I'll try to up my post count before I post again.

I used to listen to Phish, but was never a huge fan, precisely because of my previous point.

Yeah, make it longer. It isn't annoying enough yet.

Making friends on the internet one post at a time

Guest Speed Racer

Why not post a picture of a lurker, then? My post was a compliment to Wilco's songwriting. Don't read the boards much, just come infrequently looking for guitar tabs. I'll try to up my post count before I post again.

Again, welcome. :yes Don't mind some of us (or all of us), and please post more if you'd like. And yes, the tabbers here are awesome.

Again, welcome. :yes Don't mind some of us (or all of us), and please post more if you'd like. And yes, the tabbers here are awesome.

thanks for the welcome. my initial reaction was to ignore, but after seeing the sparked discussion, I felt the need to respond.

no hard feelings! after all, we're all on the same team, right? (wilco, the team)

I seem to remember Crow doing the "troll picture" in response to non-troll posts before. I think he just uses as it a coverall term to describe anyone he disagrees with, take it as a term of affection, urnadterp, and welcome to the boards.

--Mike

Uh...no

It was a case of too much background noise, poor reading comprehension and late hour. I think I misread the post. Wouldn't be the first time.

Man! Phil shouldn't be an invited singing guest. He should be alowed on stage only if he picks up his bass.

Yeah, that's pretty rough. To be fair to Phil, though, "Ripple" is all about Jerry Garcia's vocals. Phil's dulcet tones shouldn't come anywhere near this song. I'm looking forward to the Wilco/Lesh cover of "Box of Rain," though...

I'll try to up my post count before I post again.

Welcome! Annnd if you can manage the above, you will be the ruler not only of VC but of the entire internet.