WILCO Guest DJ on WXRT

The dj said 4pm.... this is a cool station. but it makes me remember how much wmms really f-ing sucks. :(

The Buzzard sucks???

Actually WXRT is a pale remnant of what it once was, with a relatively short play list of the same artists and songs. Admittedly compared to WMMS it seems great, but trust me, it ain't what it used to be.

LouieB

You'd think that they would have a slightly better camera for situations where rock musicians may drop into the studio.

Once you realize that the red-eye is due to the fact that all the Wilco guys and XRT staff are actually aliens from the planet Xebngoz, it's all good.

Is Kid Leo still in LA?

Do you mean this guy (see below). He is on XM/Sirius.

I listened to him sometimes on the way home from work. He does play a lot cool tunes. His intro ( a montage of gangster movie dialog) to his show is pretty cool, too.

Kid Leo Kid Leo | email

Weekdays 4 pm – 7 pm ET

A true radio legend, Kid Leo got his start in Cleveland in the '70s and went on to become one of America's most influential radio executives. He was named one of the "Heavy Hundred in the Music Industry" by Rolling Stone magazine, and Playboy deemed him "The Best DJ" in a special "Best Of" issue. During his initial stint in radio he aided the careers of many including Bruce Springsteen, the Pretenders and the New York Dolls. He broke artists on both regional and national levels. In 1989 he joined Columbia Records as VP of Artist Development, where he helped launch many careers, including those of Alice In Chains and Train. He also served as tour liaison for the Rolling Stones during their stay at the label. He was instrumental in making the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum a reality and is featured in its broadcast wing. He is not only one of the Underground Garage's DJs but also its program director.

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/Page&c=Channel&cid=1104779639688&s=person

I did listen to XRT yesterday when Wilco was on. It was okay. It was pretty funny that Tweedy was stressing that there will be no surprises at the UIC shows and that one of them(Tweedy??) already forgot the name of the camel.

I did listen to XRT yesterday when Wilco was on. It was okay. It was pretty funny that Tweedy was stressing that there will be no surprises at the UIC shows and that one of them(Tweedy??) already forgot the name of the camel.

He also couldn't quite remember the title of the "last song on W(TA)" - someone else chimed in with Everlasting. :stunned

Speaking of Wilco and WXRT, does anyone have the show when Tweedy was on Eclectic Company playing songs he liked with Jon Langford? I listened to it when it was on about year and half ago, and I have always wanted to listen to it again since it was great stuff.