Phish gives props to Wilco

I was there. It was an outstanding weekend, far exceeded expectations. I was really hoping they wouldn't do Exile, as they only have one guitar player in the band, and vocals are not a strong suit for the phish. But, with the addition of horns and backup singers, courtesy of Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, they nailed it. Particularly Ventilator Blues>Just Want to See His Face>Let it Loose was outstanding. Things got really weird during Just Want to See His Face, repeating the phrase "let this music, relax your mind," very psychedelic. Shine a Light was beautiful as well.

The whole weekend was amazing: the weather, setting in Indio, music, people, partying, vibe, camping, hotels nearby, art installations, costumes, food, etc. Phish and their fans really knows how to throw a party. By far the best music fest I've ever been to, and I've been to a lot, including some in Europe.

I can understand why some people don't like the music, I don't like some of it myself. While the hardcore fans are amusing, they're also harmless and happy people generally. But anyone who gets bent out of shape by the band or their fans just sucks at life.

All that being said, I'm glad they didn't play YHF, as they couldn't have pulled off the vocals.

Hope they return to Indio next year for Meddle. Or Kid A. Or Zep. Or Hendrix.

And hope Wilco gets back to SD before their next record comes out...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic