Kicking up a bit of a storm over here.

English renegade folkies led by a 22 year-old from Middle England who sounds like he's been gargling Jack Daniels for twice that time - you'd swear they're from the American south. Babbling banjos and gaining a big live rep right now. Just released debut album - it's pretty good.

Loving 'Awake My Soul' and 'Little Lion Man' but it's strong right through the 12 tracks. Watch 'em fly!

I listened to their myspace and these guys are fantastic.

Top drawer harmonies and great tunes. They've taken a big leap last few months especially as the record is being played on places like BBC 6 Music. They're suddenly headlining The Forum in London, same venue Wilco are playing on Nov 4th. Impressive step forward. But you can hear why. Great record.

• 3 months later...

A friend of mine just introduced me to them and I've been listening/watching their stuff on YouTube. I'm looking forward to picking up their album. I get the comparison to Fleet Foxes and I also hear a little Avett Brothers in there. Next time they're near DC (which I realize might be awhile), I'll have to check them out.