Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame Concert 10/30 setlist

Aretha Franklin

Baby I Love You

Chain Of Fools (with Annie Lennox)

New York New York

Think (with Lenny Kravitz)

Respect

Jeff Beck (the order of this set is out of order. Please be advised to follow with caution. :monkey )

People Get Ready (with Sting)

Let Me Love You Baby (with Buddy Guy)

Drown In My Tears

A Day In The Life

Foxy Lady (with BIlly Gibbons)

Metallica

One

For Whom The Bell Tolls

Turn The Page

Sweet Jane (with Lou Reed)

White LIght/White Heat (with Lou Reed)

Iron Man (with Ozzy)

Paranoid (with Ozzy)

You Really Got Me (with Ray Davies)

All Day And All Of The Night (with Ray Davies)

Stone Cold Crazy

Enter Sandman

U2

Vertigo-Rock N Roll High School (snippet)

Magnificent

Because The Night (with Patti Smith & Bruce Springsteen * done twice due to "missed cues from Patti)

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (with Bruce)

Mysterious Ways/Where Is The Love (with Black Eyed Peas)/One

Gimme Shelter (with Mick Jagger & Black Eyed Peas or at least Fergie)

Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (with Mick * I was reminded that Mick and his daughter recorded a version of this with U2 in 2000 but was never used or really mentioned again.)

Beautiful Day

That's it. I was not at the show I just checked it now to see what happened and figured I'd share like the kind person who did so for 1st night.

Edit: Thanks Sir Stewart for finding that blog. I'll add more to Jeff Beck's set. I assume the U2gigs guy on the spot was in the bathroom waiting for Bono. Not in a sexual way.

Oh, U2. Man, every other setlist over these two nights is like "wow" - and U2's sucks. WTF. 'Vertigo'? You're celebrating the entire history of rock music boys - try opening with 'Streets' or something. And Black Eyed Peas? According to Jann Wenner on Charlie Rose last week, the bands had their pick of who would join them onstage. And U2 picked Black Eyed Peas? Man. U2. WTF.

Also - Jeff Beck really only got to do one tune? EDIT: Apparently not. More info here: http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2009/10/31/more-from-the-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-concert-night-two/

Bono & Don Knots on stage ;)

(file photo not found :pirate ) Damn you AP

I agree. Not sure why Bono has the bug for Black Eyed Peas. My spidey sense is tingling: maybe Fergie and Bono get along more than friendly.

Luckily, I saw Snow Patrol with U2 in September. I really hoped for Muse but next time.

I guess I'd like to look at Fergie too instead of the dudes from Snow Patrol & Muse. Although, she is nothing great. But I'm reminded of her hot scenes from Planet Terror. I'm torn like Natalie Imbruglia. B)

Oh, U2. Man, every other setlist over these two nights is like "wow" - and U2's sucks. WTF. 'Vertigo'? You're celebrating the entire history of rock music boys - try opening with 'Streets' or something. And Black Eyed Peas? According to Jann Wenner on Charlie Rose last week, the bands had their pick of who would join them onstage. And U2 picked Black Eyed Peas? Man. U2. WTF.

Also - Jeff Beck really only got to do one tune? EDIT: Apparently not. More info here: http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2009/10/31/more-from-the-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-concert-night-two/

Probably a calculated guess to sell more records or concert tickets based on which artists have most cross-over appeal at this time. U2 are the Stones for this decade. Artistically irrelevant but commercially a juggernaut. It would seem that Metallica approached this right way drawing on artists like Lou Reed and Black Sabbath who have a direct lineage to the the two genres from which they sprung (Metal and Punk). It's funny to think that in some ways U2 in 1988/1989 would have been a lot more up for the task when riding the crest of "Joshua Tree' they successfully incorporated "People Get Ready", "All Along The WatchTower", "Stand By Me" and "Helter Skelter" into their live shows and cut records and performed with the likes of BB King. I'm afraid that everything I have seen of them recently smacks of the most un-rock'n'roll behaviour imaginable: trying far too hard to look the part when it's obvious they don't still have their musical mojo.

Metallica

One

For Whom The Bell Tolls

Turn The Page

Sweet Jane (with Lou Reed)

White LIght/White Heat (with Lou Reed)

Iron Man (with Ozzy)

Paranoid (with Ozzy)

You Really Got Me (with Ray Davies)

All Day And All Of The Night (with Ray Davies)

Stone Cold Crazy

Enter Sandman

Damn, that is excellent.

• 3 weeks later...