March 23

Volume Two:

01 Thieves

02 In the Sun [ft. Tilly and the Wall]

03 Don't Look Back

04 Ridin' in My Car (NRBQ cover)

05 Lingering Still

06 Me and You

07 Gonna Get Along Without You (Skeeter Davis cover)

08 Home

09 I'm Gonna Make It Better

10 Sing

11 Over It Over Again

12 Brand New Shoes

13 If You Can't Sleep

My feelings exactly.

I had a "Ridin' in my Car with NRBQ" bumper sticker on an old car I used to have until it got stolen.

The sticker,that is. Not the car.

I theorized that the thief must've thought it said "Ridin' in My Car with NKOTB", as I found it hard to believe that an NRBQ fan would steal a bumper sticker from a fellow fan.

• 3 years later...

I would guess that M. Ward is making so much dough on this act that he is more than happy to let his solo career go for the moment.  I haven't looked but I bet She and Him sells WAY more records than M. Ward alone. 

LouieB

Hopefully they'll break up the band and Matt can put out a solo record, finally.

What do you mean?

A Wasteland Companion just came out last year.

I bought the first 2. I don't think I hated them or anything, but I am not feeling the desire to hunt down 3. I'm most shocked at how it already has 20+ reviews on Amazon. I guess the actress connection really helps.

This one really snuck up on everyone.  Who knew that what seemed like a one off is now a regular thing.

LouieB

If I was M. Ward, I would want to keep this band going for as long as possible, for non-musical reasons.

What do you mean?

A Wasteland Companion just came out last year.

I bought the first 2. I don't think I hated them or anything, but I am not feeling the desire to hunt down 3. I'm most shocked at how it already has 20+ reviews on Amazon. I guess the actress connection really helps.

WC is good and all, but it's clear She & Him has softened up this otherwise brilliant songwriter. I liked the first release and yes, I like ZD, but enough already... :-D

I haven't heard this one, but they seem to basically do the same thing for every record.

Since she is a singer/songwriter, why not do one record with big arrangements, strings, etc.?

Do one with a large Motown influence.

They may have not really thought a career path out. They just did 1. It was successful. Did 2. And so on...