Paperless Tickets

Sorry if this has been brought up and ranted about before...

But yesterday I bought 2 tickets as a Christmas gift for my brother and his wife to go see Michael Buble. After I paid for the tickets I received an email saying "Don't forget that this is a paperless ticket event. No tickets will be issued and the only way you can enter is to bring the credit card used to purchase these tickets and a valid ID"

So basically you can't buy tickets as a gift anymore? Sounds like I'm gonna have to put my drivers license and credit card in a box, wrap it, and when he opens it up tell him, "These are really tickets for Michael Buble."

I first used this method for the Tom Waits show in Columbus, OH. It worked beautifully. No scalpers.

You can get ticketmaster gift certificates, I think. But I hear what you're saying about the situation you're in. I wonder why they didn't warn you before purchasing them that they were paperless tickets? I seem to recall for Tom Waits it was well pointed out that they were paperless tickets before you got to the purchasing point.

I got caught in this trap a few weeks ago. I bought tickets for me and a friend to see Neko Case. And then, wouldn't you know it, comes the day of the concert and I can't make it due to work commitments. But because they were paperless, and I was the one who bought the tickets, my friend couldn't go either. So I had to eat the cost of two tickets. Grrr. I've been going to fewer concerts over the past few years due to a severe lack of time, and this is certainly not helping the situation. :realmad

That sucks, but it does say it on the main Buble page on Ticketmaster, right at the top:

Select tickets for this event have a Paperless delivery method, which means you will not receive a physical ticket for entry to the event. Instead, the cardholder is required to bring the credit card used to buy your tickets and a government-issued ID to the venue, where your credit card will be swiped to gain you and/or your party access to the event. If you do not have your credit card and government-issued ID in hand at the event, you will not gain access to the event. Please note the credit card holder must attend the event.

Gift Cards will not be accepted and we reserve the right to cancel your ticket order if used as a form of payment. No exceptions will be made to these policies.

I'll have to be on the lookout for that next time I buy from Ticketmaster.