Now that it's January

Yeah, agreed. I love the huge booklets with ridiculously detailed liner notes. Maybe they could rehire the Wilco Book design guys.

I wonder how many great alternate versions of songs have yet to be unearthed. Jeff once mentioned a pre-Krautrock Spiders that they recorded before they decided to rework the song, I'd love to hear that.

I imagine the pre-Krautrock Spiders would've been pretty faithful to the version performed during the YHF tour and closer to the acoustic version Jeff does now. If you haven't heard either and want to check it out, PM me and we'll work out a way to get those to you.

I imagine the pre-Krautrock Spiders would've been pretty faithful to the version performed during the YHF tour and closer to the acoustic version Jeff does now. If you haven't heard either and want to check it out, PM me and we'll work out a way to get those to you.

Yeah, thank you, I have several boots of the old Spiders. I'm just wondering how great a full band in-studio version would be, you know?

Guest Speed Racer

I'm just wondering how great a full band in-studio version would be, you know?

Exactly. The AGIB sessions are easily my favorite sounding Wilco era, and if there were any session I would like to get comprehensive outtakes from it's that one. What they did with their sound - especially their use of silence and the lack of reverb - made everything sound so flippin' awesome.

I've had this list for a while it's sort of a list of things I'd love to see come out on bonus discs or boxed sets:

Dream Wilco (The Boxed Set) or Bonus disc materials.

A: Individual tracks of interest.

01. "Let's Hear it For Rock"- Final mix. A.M. outtake.

02. "Can't Stand It"- Prior to arrangement by David Khane.

03. "Via Chicago"- All noise version that was spliced with the mellow version.

04. "Poor Places"- The Final version that O'Rourke, Tweedy and Kotche replaced at the 11th hour.

05. "Jesus, Etc"- Demo version. June, 2001

06. "Monkey Mess"- Studio Recording, circa 2001.

07. "Whispery Kisses"- Studio Recording, circa 2001.

08. "White Cat New Life"- Unknown song. Lyrics in The Wilco Book

09. "Obituary"- Unknown song. Lyrics in the Wilco Book.

10. "My Words"- Studio version

11. "Spiders (Kidsmoke)"- Studio version of early live arrangement

12. "Less Than You Think"- Studio version of early Live arrangement

13. "Let's Fight"- Studio version, circa SBS era.

B. General points of interest:

- Complete or relatively complete B-sides collection (with a focus on Wilco originals

over covers.)

- The raw mix of A.M. that was deemed uncommercial.

- The supposed 11 songs that were completed for Being There but didn't make the final cut.

- Any Mermaid Avenue sessions stuff, even if Jeff says there's nothing left.

- Any extra Summerteeth songs (This album is suspiciously low on bonus material.)

- The Jay Bennett mix of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot that was considered excessive and cluttered.

- A Ghost is Born was supposedly constructed with protools, then the band learned it,

and rerecorded it live. It'd be cool to hear these pro-tool constructions.

- More Stuff from Soma and the experimental Ghost sessions

- The Jim O'Rourke Mix of Sky Blue Sky that the band wasn't fond of.

- The extra 2-3 Sky Blue Sky outtakes.

- The demos prior to New Zealand for W(TA)

- Any interesting alternative versions that deviate heavily from the studio recordings

(Example, Punk Rock Passenger Side, the country Tweedy/ Bennett duo version of "I Got You")

- Just for the hell of it, any interesting Jeff Tweedy solo cover choices.

- Anything else I forgot.

obviously we wouldn't get ALL of this stuff...but this is my obsessive dream box.

... This seems to be one of those "hardcore fan centered" tours,...

I agree. If only the ticketing process reflected this.

- More Stuff from Soma and the experimental Ghost sessions

This would be great. Anyone remember that rumored dBpm album they cut at the time? Have we heard everything from it through the outtakes / Wilco Book cd or is there anything else we've yet to hear?