Have I been duped? Fake tickets? Please help!

Hey fellow Wilco fans. I recently posted this message in the Need Tickets subforum... Basically, we just ordered 2 tickets for the Portland show at Arlene Schnitzer concert hall on 2/9/10. Ordered the tickets through Stubhub, and received them promptly in 2 days via fedex. Tickets were put out by Ticketmaster and look legit, except for the fact that the website listed under Wilco's name on the face of the ticket is "www.wilco.com" (a company in Switzerland, self-proclaimed "world leader in leak detection"), rather "wilcoworld.net".

Does anyone else have ticketmaster tickets to the Portland show with the similar website listed? Or have we been duped? We're flying from Springfield Illinois to Portland for the show...don't want to be locked out at the last minute.

Thanks in advance for your help.

From your other thread...

It's Stubhub's responsibility. They guarantee the validity of all tickets they sell, and they should be able to contact the person who listed them for sale. I suggest escalating the issue with stubhub.

I tried. Since I did not orignally purchase the tickets they said they could (would) not verify the authenticity. Called stubhub as well, and they called both the venue as well as ticketmaster and also came up with nada.

:(

I posted some ideas in the other thread but I came up with 2 new ones.

1) This sounds really stupid, but I'd check Ebay and look for tickets and see if they put up a pic of their tickets. It obviously creates people with TM ticket paper to print those, but some people feel the need to scan a hard ticket to make their sale via Ebay.

2) Call the venue. Tell them that you're coming in and you don't want to create a situation when you get there. They should know what a ticket should look like, although it may be different looking than the actual one from TM.

From Stubhub's site:

If tickets are invalid and are not honored by the venue:

In the event the Buyer encounters any problems at the venue, the Buyer is encouraged to call StubHub Customer Service immediately at 1.866.StubHub (1.866.788.2482) for assistance. If the Buyer contacts StubHub from the venue at the time of the event, StubHub will attempt to locate comparable replacement tickets for the buyer. If replacement tickets cannot be found, or if the Buyer was not able to contact StubHub before the event, StubHub will provide the Buyer with a prepaid FedEx shipping label to use in returning the tickets to StubHub along with a Ticket Return Form. Upon confirmation by the venue that the tickets were invalid, StubHub will issue the Buyer a refund for the full cost of the tickets, including service fees and shipping and handling charges.

Not that a refund will help much when you want to see a sold out show, but at least you'll get your money back.

how legit is stub hub anyway? i looked, and all the tickets seem to be WAAAAAY over face value

They're a ticket broker. Of course the prices are higher. And they make 10% on the top.

I've bought many tickets from them for clients, etc, and they've always been legit and fast and helpful.

I'm scared now...but foolishly still hopeful

http://forums.viachicago.org/topic/41731-2010-nw-ustrans-canada-tour-announcement-coming-soon/

Nomis: I did a very quick search and found 2 regular VC'ers (auctioneer69 and SeattleC) talk about Portland tickets in this thread. You possibly could find more people with a close review. Send them a private message and ask for their help. They may have ordered presale tix and perhaps they don't say "Ticketmaster" on them, but those VC'ers may have friends who ordered Wilco tix from Ticketmaster and hopefully would offer to help you. Good luck!

What Wendy just posted above...And I'd add that you could even post in that thread to bump it up to page one to give it more visibility.

Also, I'd change your thread title to include in the subtitle the venue and date of the show.

When I saw this this afternoon, I thought someone else got duped then I recognized your name.

Good ideas Kristofor - I went ahead and edited the thread title ... and I changed it to "have I been duped" because a whole lot of VC'ers are buying tix right now and every time I read that, I got skeered!

Not that my memory is much good these days, but I could SWEAR at one point in the distant past, I had a ticket which had the wrong wilcoworld URL on it. But I'm not up for rummaging through my thoroughly disorganized souvenir ticket box. Not yet anyway! :lol

I just looked at my ticket. You haven't been duped, at least if you have, it's not because of the www.wilco.com reference. I got my ticket directly from ticketheister, and that's what it says. Good job, whoever did the quality control on that one. A Swiss leak detection company, eh? - that should be good for business.

That being said, Portland is the only one of the three shows in the Northwest that I'm attending without company, so if anyone is up for a preshow wonderfully hoppy Portland microbrew or something else liquid that would be served in one of the fine establishments nearby, let me know, because I will be found at one of them beforehand. I know of several options nearby.