Ted Kennedy to be succeeded by a toolbag

No I wasn't. I'm not appropriating anyone elses experience. Europe dragged this country into two world wars that resulted in 100's of thousands of American deaths. However many we killed to end the conflicts is of no consequence to me. Others here are free to criticize their efforts only because of their sacrifices. That's pretty typical for a bunch of pampered, selfish, ingrates who's biggest sacrifice is giving up their morning latte.

This is your best bit since The Masked Hater, but I'm not falling for it for a second, El Famous.

This has to be a bit, right? Or am I just feeding the troll?

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty typical for a bunch of pampered, selfish, ingrates who's biggest sacrifice is giving up their morning latte.

Actually, my biggest sacrifice is continuing to drive my dinged up 2003 Infiniti G3 instead of getting a newer model with all wheel drive.

Suck it, Tojo!

I can see history isn't your strong suit. The British were just trying to finish what Oliver Cromwell had started a couple of hundred years earlier. Long before capitalism even existed. It's called survival of the fittest, nothing more or less, and it has been going on since the beginning of time.

Sure. I'll be over to your house soon to take everything you own by force. Survival of the fittest, you know, old chap. Ever hear of Thomas Hobbes?

No I wasn't. I'm not appropriating anyone elses experience. Europe dragged this country into two world wars that resulted in 100's of thousands of American deaths. However many we killed to end the conflicts is of no consequence to me. Others here are free to criticize their efforts only because of their sacrifices. That's pretty typical for a bunch of pampered, selfish, ingrates who's biggest sacrifice is giving up their morning latte.

Apparently Adrian Veidt/Ozymandias is a Wilco fan?! Who knew?!

watchmen-ozymandias-med-poster.jpg

Europe dragged this country into two world wars

.... and since then, to make up for turning up late to the 2 big ones in Europe, your leaders have ensured prompt attendance by actually starting most of the ones you've been involved in. And on that point, given the playing personal you have, the win-loss record since WW2 against teams that all seem to have a pop-gun offence and a limited but tenacious defence hasn’t been that flash. Time to look at the coaches and management perhaps?

.... and since then, to make up for turning up late to the 2 big ones in Europe, your leaders have ensured prompt attendance by actually starting most of the ones you've been involved in. And on that point, given the playing personal you have, the win-loss record since WW2 against teams that all seem to have a pop-gun offence and a limited but tenacious defence hasn’t been that flash. Time to look at the coaches and management perhaps?

I think it is our reluctance to not end our subsequent wars in the same way we ended WWII that might have something to do with it.

I think it is our reluctance to not end our subsequent wars in the same way we ended WWII that might have something to do with it.

I know, and thank goodness for that. I was just hoping to wind-up our friend JohnO.

I concur to a degree. In the words of William Tecumseh Sherman, "War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it". Truman blew it in Korea by giving MacArthur field command. If he had Ridgeway in command from the beginning, a real soldier’s soldier, then events on the ground, reserves, supplies, intelligence, would have been drastically different. Eisenhower made the right call on Vietnam, Johnson was a putz. We were well on our way to knocking out Saddam in '91 when GHW Bush wimped out when pictures of the burnt out hulks of Iraqi vehicles carrying loot out of Kuwait started showing on CNN. Of course the whole war could have been avoided if he had been more forceful and direct with Saddam to start. Afghanistan was brilliantly executed but is still an open question. It took GW Bush a while to figure out Iraq but Obama is following his game plan and we'll have to see how it goes. We have ignored the wisdom of Sherman's words which has only resulted in prolonging the agony and suffering of all involved.

I know, and thank goodness for that. I was just hoping to wind-up our friend JohnO.

Classic troll