Wilco - Hamilton, ON - 02/23/2010

Late posting, but this show was awesome in almost every way. The setlist was spectacular, and seeing What's the World, When the Roses Bloom again AND Poor>Reservations>Spiders was almost too much for me to handle. The crowd seemed to be in good spirits, too. The venue was kind of funny, and reminded me of the 70s concrete architecture at my school (University of Toronto). Also, Jeff getting back up onstage during Jesus reminded me of Tobias rolling onto the gym stage to direct the school play in Arrested Development. It looked pretty pathetic haha. Anyway, good times! Thanks Wilco and Califone for being heavenly.

Yeah, that dude must have been taking some of the hash he referred to in his lead paragraph. How else to explain mixing up When The Roses Bloom Again with Ripple? :ninja

I thought he meant that the song was Jeff's attempt to write a song similar to the Dead. Even in that he's wrong, as the song was apparently written by Will D. Cobb & Gus Edwards about a hundred years ago.

Also, Jeff getting back up onstage during Jesus reminded me of Tobias rolling onto the gym stage to direct the school play in Arrested Development. It looked pretty pathetic haha. Anyway, good times! Thanks Wilco and Califone for being heavenly.

i also actually thought of that moment, considering i saw that episode just a few days ago... so funny

I would like to know if the Maneki Neko has been on stage for the past couple of shows. You know, details that matter.

Speaking of the Maneki Neko, did you see it tip over in Madison? At the end of the main set, I believe (or the end of the first encore). Apparently Nels also saw it tip and remedied this situation before it fell off the amp. Who needs bad juju on the Tundra Tour?

Wow, "What's the World Got In Store"! I can only hope these nuggets they're dropping in are preparation for the Evening With tour. Also, "Poor Places" into "Reservations" is always lovely.

Wow!!!! They finally played it live again!!! Wish I could have heard it - who did the banjo part?