Battlestar Galactica & Wilco ...

Before the 'Ship of Lights' or Tubaloon ...

4156894565_a1f7311899.jpg

sbap.jpg

Suddenly, the mysterious lights appear, disappear and then appear behind them in advance of the mysterious ship. The shuttle loses power and they lose consciousness. On the mysterious ship, Starbuck, in an all-white uniform is surrounded by beings that communicate via telepathy. He is told that they are in another dimension. Sheba appears, also dressed in white. She thinks they're dead. Starbuck asks the beings if they are angels and he is told that some of what they think is correct.

Inside the Tubaloon and 'Ship of Lights'...

763411586_78863ec006_o.jpg

pr2.jpg

That's OG BSG - I remember that show when it was on, and the all-white uniforms!

I always though OG-BSG was a lame Star Wars ripoff, which it was, but that didn't stop me from watching it every week.

Ha! Actually, no. My recollections of this are pretty hazy, but I seem to recall some actual disco dancing involving ropes on the old series. Pretty sure no one had sex on that one.

They had those "mushie" things too. And centons, whatever they were supposed to be. I watched the miniseries of the new BSG and thought it was quite good, but didn't get into the new series. I find the rigors of keeping up with TV shows to be too demanding.

Guest Speed Racer

I have never gotten into a television show quite so quickly or briefly. I watched it this fall, and raced to the mailbox every day for a new disc. As soon as it was done...I was completely okay with that.

I still don't understand what this has to do with Wilco or why it's being mentioned here...

The original poster drew a metaphor between Jeff Tweedy's fashion choices and the plotline of an episode of an old TV show which is now a new TV show.

The original poster drew a metaphor between Jeff Tweedy's fashion choices and the plotline of an episode of an old TV show which is now a new TV show.

Oh. I guess I just failed to see the humor in it, or make the connection with the images and language in the original post. Enjoy, Battlestar Galactica fans!