Wilco Summer 2010?

Lots of Summer shows are being announced these days, but I haven't picked up the slightest clue as to whether Wilco will be on the road in the States this Summer. Actually, that may be the clue that they are not, but I was hoping someone may have some good information to suggest that they are. Anyone?

Lots of Summer shows are being announced these days, but I haven't picked up the slightest clue as to whether Wilco will be on the road in the States this Summer. Actually, that may be the clue that they are not, but I was hoping someone may have some good information to suggest that they are. Anyone?

Go to Wilcoworld.net and find out where they are touring now and where they will be for the rest of this year. They actually are working on a new record, which has me slightly excited.

I know what the currently scheduled dates are, but there is a big ol' gap over the Summer months. I'm wondering if they'll be filling those.

Well, Nels and Glenn both have dates scheduled with their own projects -- The Nels Cline Singers and On Fillmore, respectively -- in June and July and both will be promoting relatively recent releases. Meanwhile, the Autumn Defense already has a Chicago date on June 17 and has a new record in the can as well so I'd guess they would be playing at least a few more shows this summer also.

That suggests to me there'll be no Wilco touring in June and July. Maybe there'll be a few dates in August but I would say the dates that have been announced thus far are probably the bulk of the shows for the rest of the year. I think a recent Wilcoworld e-mail suggested as much.

greetings everyone,

Wilco are ever so-briefly back in the USA today, heading south after wrapping up leg one of their most extensive Canadian tour ever. After a run through the US Northwest, they've played the Olympics in Vancouver and gigs in all the Western provinces. This weekend they're dipping into the U.S. upper midwest for a trio of sold-out shows in Duluth, Madison and East Lansing. We'll be streaming the Madison show live from the Overture Center on Saturday night, beginning with stellar support from Califone at 730pm central time. Be sure to tune in.

They'll be back in Canada next week for 6 more shows... beginning in Hamilton and winding up in Halifax. Tickets remain available for a few of the shows. Info here. If you're going, be sure to stop by the Oxfam table in the lobby and show them your support, moral or otherwise, for the good work they're doing in Haiti and elsewhere. Check out the Causes section for more info re: Haiti, Oxfam and Doctors Without Borders.

"An Evening with Wilco" is next up, beginning March 22 in Miami, FLA. Fourteen of the 16 shows are already sold out but a few tickets remain for the aforementioned opener in Miami Beach and the March 31 show in Scranton, PA. Info here.

On other fronts and in other hemispheres, more Europe dates are up and on sale for May shows across Scandinavia and in Spain and Italy. We'll shortly announce another European tour for September which will include 5 shows in Germany, 5 in the UK and the band's first ever appearance in the Czech Republic. Watch the site for the announcement soon. Oh and lest we forget, Wilco will be touring Australia, New Zealand and Japan this spring as well. Those dates are on sale now.

Quick notes: Nels Cline has just released a new DVD "Stained Radiance". info here. Pat Sansone and Glenn Kotche guest on the forthcoming solo album by Radiohead's Phil Selway. Jeff Tweedy spent a chunk of the winter in Chicago producing a new record for friend, legend and fellow Chicagoan Mavis Staples (release date tba). Japanese dates will be the band's first in 7 years. Wilco will spend most of the summer working on a new record so see em now if you can -- after June, Wilco shows look to be scarce for the rest of 2010, esp. in North America.

phew, that's a lot to digest.

more soon. Thanks for your stellar support.

the HQ staff.

PS. There is a sale on in the store. Lots of new items, posters, etc.

Do I book? not book? I book and probably they'll play here. I skip a vacation and they probably won't. :hmm

I would book. Who knows, of course, but it seems like a pretty safe bet that they won't announce a random show in Cleveland that week. What are the odds, right? :pirate

After the Miami show, HQ sent out an e-mail that among other things said "We've got a lot more news brewing so expect another email in a couple of days". I'm really hoping for a few Midwest shows leading up to the 9/3 Snowmass, CO show. Indianapolis, Louisville, St. Louis? Of course this is my "Wishful Thinking"

Ugh. According to Wilcobase, they guys have only played Cleveland TWICE since 2003, once as an opener for Sonic Youth, and then in 2008.

I was at the 2003 show, and it was the other way around, SY opened for Wilco.