Montclair

Coming up from Philly and wondering if there's any good place to get a beer pre-show near the venue? I think it's supposed to be 80 on Saturday so I nice outdoor place would be great. Anyone?

I grew up in the montclair area and there are a few good bars in near the venue. The Office is a good place with a good beer selection.

I grew up in the montclair area and there are a few good bars in near the venue. The Office is a good place with a good beer selection.

Thanks. These places easy to find I assume? Just park and they're up an down the street?

Thanks. These places easy to find I assume? Just park and they're up an down the street?

yep.....Bloomfield Ave is the main street that rund through Montclair and there are a bunch of pubs/bars and great resteraunts...if you search online for places in montlclair, they're all pretty much going to be by the venue, as it's in the main part of town, and it's not a big town to begin with.

Cuban Petes on Bloomfield make great Margueittas, but you have to bring your own wine. There are some outdoors spots on Church Street, about a block up from the Wellmont. Parking on Church street, too.

yep.....Bloomfield Ave is the main street that rund through Montclair and there are a bunch of pubs/bars and great resteraunts...if you search online for places in montlclair, they're all pretty much going to be by the venue, as it's in the main part of town, and it's not a big town to begin with.

Cool, thanks. Am looking at a satellite view of the area and there are restaurants noted but it's hard to tell what good and what's not.

Speaking of Montclair, how does one get there from Manhattan via train (or bus)? The Wellmont website suggests no train service on weekends, but NJT suggests there is with a transfer in Newark. Inquiring minds would like to know what you guys think is the best way there. Thanks in advance for your help.

Cuban Petes on Bloomfield make great Margueittas, but you have to bring your own wine. There are some outdoors spots on Church Street, about a block up from the Wellmont. Parking on Church street, too.

Thanks, I see that on the map.

Speaking of Montclair, how does one get there from Manhattan via train (or bus)? The Wellmont website suggests no train service on weekends, but NJT suggests there is with a transfer in Newark. Inquiring minds would like to know what you guys think is the best way there. Thanks in advance for your help.

Montclair is on the MidTown Direct commuter line, plus bus service to/from NYC is a well-worn path. With just a bit of searching the NJTransit schedule and the bus services, you should fine what times they're running. It's going home later, on a weekend nite that gets weird with the timing of service. The Pine Street station is the closest in proximity to the theatre, maybe a 4-block radius. Buses prolly stop right at that corner of Bloomfield Ave.

OK, maybe the closest train station is called BAY ST.(not Pine St. even though that's the block it's on:)

and wondering if there's any good place to get a beer pre-show near the venue?

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGIH_enUS282US282&q=136+valley+rd+montclair+nj

Tierney's Tavern is a hot bed of music, good food and drinks. Located maybe 8-blocks from the theatre, not even a 15-minute walk and Montclair is a pleasant, walkable town. the map link should show both spots on it.

View Larger Map

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGIH_enUS282US282&q=136+valley+rd+montclair+nj

Tierney's Tavern is a hot bed of music, good food and drinks. Located maybe 8-blocks from the theatre, not even a 15-minute walk and Montclair is a pleasant, walkable town. the map link should show both spots on it.

View Larger Map

Cool, thanks

Closest bar to the Wellmont is Just Jakes on Park

Only bar to drink outside is the back deck at Egans on Walnut St. - 10 minute walk or so from the theatre

If you want an adventure the DLV lounge is East on Bloomfield Ave minutes from the theatre.

Other bars are South Park, The Office, and Tierneys - all west of the theatre.

Train from NYC - you have to transfer at Broad St. in Newark. Train ends at Bay Street - 5 minute walk or so to the theatre. Trains run every 2 hours from Manhattan. Believe the last train back to the city is at Midnight. The train station is across from a somewhat dicey area especially after dark but usually is safe after a show.

If you want an adventure the DLV lounge is East on Bloomfield Ave minutes from the theatre.

A "may we dance with your dates" type advenure? What are we talking here.

Only bar to drink outside is the back deck at Egans on Walnut St. - 10 minute walk or so from the theatre

This sounds like the spot.

Try Glen Ridge or Bloomfield. I thibnk transfer in Broad St. Newark

Thanks to all for the suggestions...is their a preferred venue VC'ers are gathering at?

I would suggest South Park for drinks out of the few I have been too in Montclair...it is only 3 blocks from the venue it is at 30 S Park St...

Any meet ups planned? Anyone???

What a great town for a two night Wilco stand. Got in from Philly late Thursday night, slept in :) then walked around town for an hour or so. Found a restaurant with an outdoor patio, Cuban Pete's. Excellent food, Sangria (BYOB), and service. We got in line around 6pm, which landed us dead center balcony 3rd row.

Gonna get up and do it again.

What a great town for a two night Wilco stand. Got in from Philly late Thursday night, slept in :) then walked around town for an hour or so. Found a restaurant with an outdoor patio, Cuban Pete's. Excellent food, Sangria (BYOB), and service. We got in line around 6pm, which landed us dead center balcony 3rd row.

Gonna get up and do it again.

Quick question -- if I dont get to the venue until 7:45 or so, and I have GA seats, how far back will I be? All the way back? I assume I wont miss the start of the show...

Also, were they really paying attention to if you had GA or reserved seats? Or were people just going where they wanted?

Thanks much -- first Wilco show tonight. Very psyched, but unfortunately cannot get there until shortly before showtime.

Quick question -- if I dont get to the venue until 7:45 or so, and I have GA seats, how far back will I be? All the way back? I assume I wont miss the start of the show...

Also, were they really paying attention to if you had GA or reserved seats? Or were people just going where they wanted?

Thanks much -- first Wilco show tonight. Very psyched, but unfortunately cannot get there until shortly before showtime.

Sections are very much inforced. You have a balcony it will be impossible to get down to the floor. They give you a wristband and rip your ticket if you have floor seats. If you get there at 745 you will be in the middle/back. Show started promptly at 815!