Capital Center for the Arts Ticket Upgrade!

So pumped for this show in my hometown! So, my buddy has been contacted by the Center regarding a ticket upgrade. We have tickets in the forth row to the side, but now because Wilco has too much stuff onstage, we are now being moved to much better seats! This is why I love seeing shows at this place, the people there take music seriously and want you to have the best possible experience. My first show ever was at the Center seeing Joan Jett and Cheap Trick double bill back in 1982, take it for what its worth. Dark Star, Yes, Feist and others have made for memorable times for sure. FYI, if there is no parking on the street, park next door at St. John's Catholic Church for free, entrance is in the back.

I would love to see a Joan Jett/Cheap Trick double bill.....

I should have waited before posting, my upgrade was just a downgrade. Oh well, at least we have a center view now. I was hoping for folding seats between the front row and stage, oh well.

So pumped for this show in my hometown! So, my buddy has been contacted by the Center regarding a ticket upgrade. We have tickets in the forth row to the side, but now because Wilco has too much stuff onstage, we are now being moved to much better seats! This is why I love seeing shows at this place, the people there take music seriously and want you to have the best possible experience. My first show ever was at the Center seeing Joan Jett and Cheap Trick double bill back in 1982, take it for what its worth. Dark Star, Yes, Feist and others have made for memorable times for sure. FYI, if there is no parking on the street, park next door at St. John's Catholic Church for free, entrance is in the back.

Thanks for the parking tip!

RE: Concord, NH Places To Drink & Eat or Places To Go To And Miss The Show Because There Aren't Many

Manchester, NH has a much more conducive downtown environment for getting drinks & eating bar like food etc.

Concord, NH is more of a laid back part of place where there's more odd places for niche products and the likes of one independent movie theater. Think of Concord as the bookworm to the boozer that is Manchester. :pirate

I'll tell you the few places that I know of and it's up to you to make a game time decision to go and wait for a place and risk not making it back in time for an 8p.m. show time.

If there was an opening act, I'd be more optimistic about people making it back in time. I'm thinking since it's a week night and certain people probably like to frequent these establishments and on top of that people coming into town for WIlco should make for a big cluster fuck.

Before I list the places let me tell you about the parking situation around Concord, NH. Next to the Capitol Center is a parking garage confusingly titled Concord Commons parking garage. Is this a parking garage for tenants of a local (read: several) apartment complex? I'm not really sure and the website isn't clear about it. It does state that it is .50 to park per hour which obviously will be changed for a concert. This is within distance of the venue. As are most of the bars that I'll list.

The Parking Situation : Parking isn't too bad as the roads are set up wide enough to allow slanted parking in front of these main street establishments. That being said good luck finding a spot if you miss one of these primo spots and then finding a parking garage on a side street that isn't the one that I listed above. It could cause chaos, if you spend more time picking a side street looking for places to park. That being said it's only supposedly 8 minutes walking distance from the establishment that is the farthest away to the Capitol Center. The only problem is if you come from the venue you are walking uphill to these establishments.

The Bars: (from furthest away to the closest. Heading North)

The Barley House - Menu & Drinks Etc. My best friend and his band played here about 3 years ago and it is somewhat small. The bar area is kind of long, but the back room can be tight. Picture booths crammed and framing small tables in the middle. Only an 8 minute walk according to Google Maps. This seems like the ideal place for a meet up and considering the size it may be a pain in the ass to accomplish that.

Hermanos Cocina Mexicana - Menu & Drinks Etc. Only 2 minutes from the venue. If you're looking for Mexican food to go with your beer then here you go. If you're looking for only a drink, then I'd suggest this place since some people may be turned off by it's Mexican only menu.

Constantly Pizza - Pizza Menu Etc. The CLOSEST (under a minute) place to go for PIzza, Appetizers, Subs and Salads if you want a quick bite to eat and a very short walk back. Also, please take note there are no beers here.

(Heading South)

The Common Man Menu Etc This place is heading the opposite direction from the other places I just listed. This is 10 minutes heading south from the venue. A wide variety of food and a nice looking place that offers special seating for functions.

A sample map of the area with these places in grey lettering. Concord Maps & Legends

Edit: I should also add that the Capitol Center is off of Exit 13 on Rt 93. The eating establishments are a lot closer and right off of Exit 14. So if you want to take exit 14 take a left and stay straight then take a left onto Main St which is also 202. The majority of these places will be on the left side of the street.

Secondly, if you want some familiar chain restaurants you have to find your way to Loudon Road aka Rt 9. It isn't too far at all from the venue.

Olive Garden, Applebee's, Ruby Tuesday, 99, Friendly's, Outback and Red Apple Buffet are all there waiting for you. Here is a map for that.

2nd Set Of Options

I drove up to Concord this weekend to check out the venue. It is very nice and a bit strange. The venue is enclosed by two red brick buildings. One is a remodeled church that is now apartments or vice versa. I don't know what the other one is. But anyways while walking up to the venue they have a nice sign hanging overhead and the walkway is stone with inscriptions for donators. There's only 4 doors to enter the building. I didn't see any exits, so they must send people the same way.

An Elaboration On The Driving Directions Done From Saturday's Memory: Taking Exit 13 from Rt 93 you will find the venue on your left (about under 5 minutes) and the streets leading to the parking garage on your right. I took a right at Theater St then proceeded to take a left towards the Capitol Commons parking garage. On one side of the garage you have Hermano's Mexican Cocina and on the other side (the farther away side) you have Cheer's (?). It appears that the parking meter is on the 3rd & 4th level of the garage, but it also states (gasp) that parking is free after 5p.m. M-F. I highly doubt that when there's events going on. (Hot Tip): If you see the building for the Capitol Commons then you are on the wrong street, you need to take a right to get to the garage.

A Brief Word On Food & Beverages: From the venue you can clearly see Constantly Pizza which looks like a big sub shop. The rest of the places seemed very far away. I always like to double the walking times from Google Maps, so I'd say anywhere from 16-25 minutes to walk to the list that I put on here last week.

P.S. When I was walking around I saw Train hanging around their tour bus. It looked like they were expecting me to come over and ask for an autograph.

Roadhse ma, its gonna be an hour and half to two hours from boston during rush hour. That being said, be on 93 by 5 or 5:30, your gonna be in the height of it for sure. Again, parking seems to be confusing but there are lots of street parking, no meters after 5 or 6pm. You could literaly walk end to end on main street and find parking spots to go to the show. But again, the Catholic Church a block away behind a barber and you can park there for free after you genenuflect (sp?) the altar, kidding. No, they really don't care as long as you don't tailgate. For drinks, the Green Martini is the dive bar of Concord, Penuche's (hard to find and actually this is THE dive bar of NH, played my first gig there at 15 years old!), Margarita's (close to penuche's), Barley House, Draft (across street from venue), another place across the street that I can't name (pool hall of some sorts???). For food, the Common Man off exit 13, Vinnie's Pizza (near McDonald's, best pizza in NH hands down!), Ichiban sushi (happy hour 4-6pm, east off exit 13 on Manchester St), Centennial Inn (high class, boston type joint). Food pretty much sucks in Concord if you are looking for culture. Concord is kinda the stepchild of Manch, not that I look up to Manchvegas at all, just size wise. Also, Concord used to have the state mental hospital full of wackjobs, they are still around but not as prevelant.

Roadhse ma, its gonna be an hour and half to two hours from boston during rush hour. That being said, be on 93 by 5 or 5:30, your gonna be in the height of it for sure. Again, parking seems to be confusing but there are lots of street parking, no meters after 5 or 6pm. You could literaly walk end to end on main street and find parking spots to go to the show. But again, the Catholic Church a block away behind a barber and you can park there for free after you genenuflect (sp?) the altar, kidding. No, they really don't care as long as you don't tailgate. For drinks, the Green Martini is the dive bar of Concord, Penuche's (hard to find and actually this is THE dive bar of NH, played my first gig there at 15 years old!), Margarita's (close to penuche's), Barley House, Draft (across street from venue), another place across the street that I can't name (pool hall of some sorts???). For food, the Common Man off exit 13, Vinnie's Pizza (near McDonald's, best pizza in NH hands down!), Ichiban sushi (happy hour 4-6pm, east off exit 13 on Manchester St), Centennial Inn (high class, boston type joint). Food pretty much sucks in Concord if you are looking for culture. Concord is kinda the stepchild of Manch, not that I look up to Manchvegas at all, just size wise. Also, Concord used to have the state mental hospital full of wackjobs, they are still around but not as prevelant.

Double A ron

U2 roolz

It is people like you that make a common thread Uncommonly Good :worship

looking Forward to pt 2 Boston Pt 3 Capital Center

I will be rolling @ 4:30 Wens

If your going to Boston Cheapest Fastest Service /Closest bar Beantown Pub walk all the way to back and go round pass the pool tables Then Flag a Waitress in the in room adjacent to pool room :beer

remember it is $8 per beer at Orpheum and they will close prior to show 's end by an Hr