Spring Tour Appreciation Thread

Saw 3 mid-Atlantic shows (Richmond, Bethesda and Philly) all were fantastic, also cool to see them at different types of venues (older rehabbed theater, newish symphony hall with awesome sound, big warehouse-club respectively) in addition to the Wolf Trap and minor league ballpark (Wappingers Falls, NY) shows I saw last July. Also listening to the live webcast from Concord, NH while posting (over 1000 posts!) to VC with fellow Wilco-obsessed folk was a gas! Not only does the band deliver the best show for the price (or really for any price!), it may be the best entertainment of any kind for the price!

Thank you, Wilco, for playing a good 3/4 of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot in Savannah, which was the show I brought my parents and extended family to, because that album was the only thing that kept me remotely functional after my cousin (their niece, their sister, their daughter) died in a wreck in August 2005. That album saved my life. Thank you for letting me share you with them in the town where she grew up and where her immediate family still lives.

And thank you for knocking it out of the park at the Fox in Atlanta the next night so I could let it all go and just sing along and be grateful and happy.

Let's go back to the beginning. Thanks to the band for starting off in Florida. I caught the first 2 shows of the tour (Miami and Clearwater) and it was great to see them finally make it down here again (especially Miami!). When there is almost no access to their music outside of the albums and MP3's (all Latin and Urban, all the time) and I personally know no one else who appreciates their music, seeing them here, live, and with a community of like-minded fans who could sing a song like Jesus, Etc all the way through, was a great experience. The fans that night even surprised the band. Good job all the way around.

Thanks to the band for starting off in Florida.

Seconded. I caught the Clearwater show, and it was such a treat to hear Laminated Cat, Magazine Called Sunset, Bob Dylan's Beard, Via Chicago ... really the whole thing. Just a great, great show. Hope they make it down this way again soon!

Although was not lucky enough to partake in "an evening with", I still hold in high regard any band that embarks on a tour through Canada in February. I was also quite impressed (and grateful!) that Edmonton was included. Still, I really feel that Newfoundland needs some Wilco lovin'. The Edmonton show was my 5-year old daughter's first concert, and I can tell you her highlights included having a virgin Shirley Temple in a big girl wine glass (not sure if as parents we are giving the right impression), playing on the escalators during the intermission, and the Califone song about the bride.

• 2 weeks later...

There are way to many good memories to thank you for them all, but one important one for me is, Thank You Wilco for playing Wishful Thinking!!!! :cheekkiss

One other important thing Wilco, thank you for California Stars!!! :cheekkiss :worship