Wilco -- 4/11/10, Pittsburgh, PA

A couple d-bags were present yelling inappropriate things at inappropriate times. "Shawn thinks you're gay" exclaimed one obviously drug addled degenerate (who went on to clap loudly and randomly throughout the night). I'm a proud Pittsburgh native and he is not representative of our overall crowd for you non-locals that drove in for the show.

YES. that's the guy I pointed out earlier. He was such an annoying pest. kept yelling, clapping, getting up and walking in between my row and the row behind us, yelling weird shit at tweedy, what a dick.

it was really bad until the acoustic set when he left. i was totally prepared to turn around and punch him, but didn't want to risk missing out on the rest of a wonderful show

So worth the 24 hour trip. To all the fine people of Pittsburgh, you have a very very nice city. The Warhol is a destination museum, the hotcakes at Pamela's could not be beat, the Pitt/Melon campus was nice and active on such a lovely spring night, high grades all around.

It is a fantastic city. Unfortunately it still has a negative stigma from the "smoky steeltown" days.

Once you visit, it really opens your eyes.

Glad you were able to appreciate it fully.

I just knew the crowd would be HOT!

Great show. I was on the 1st balcony not far from 'pitt hookah' the thread starter.

A couple d-bags were present yelling inappropriate things at inappropriate times. "Shawn thinks you're gay" exclaimed one obviously drug addled degenerate (who went on to clap loudly and randomly throughout the night). I'm a proud Pittsburgh native and he is not representative of our overall crowd for you non-locals that drove in for the show.

This is the first show I've caught on this tour (7th overall) and it was the best so far I think. Stage wise I loved the tublar computer controlled incandescent lighting. The lamps during the semi acoustic set were also wonderful.

My favorite banter moment was when Jeff read the Dinette gift certificate winner (awesome place BTW) and the song he requested on the website. "....and the song you choose was Impossible Germany......great choice.....like we weren't playing that anyways" or something to that effect.

Some nice show reviews are up today

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10102/1049794-388.stm

http://www.spinner.com/2010/04/12/wilco-live-us-tour-pittsburgh/

I'm counting down the days till Solid Sound. Any other Pittsburgher's going?

As soon as I got home from the show last night, I bought a ticket to Solid Sound.

Long story short, I got everything from Passenger Side until the end. Sounds good too! I opted to record as WAV, to capture the fullest range of freqencies, and I'll convert to mp3. My question: should I bother uploading half of a show?

Yes! To the "upload" question. No! To the "mp3" question. Upload it in as high quality as you have and let the end user convert it donw if they want to.

Hi, I'm a new registrant -- great site you have here. Drove from Akron to Pittsburgh (yet again) to see Wilco. Of the four times, this was definitely the best show. (Remember Point Park, when "Ghost" came out? It was one of the first shows with this lineup, and it's amazing how they've developed since then.) The sound on the lower level at Carnegie was outstanding.

I had never recorded a show before, but I entered the fray with a new digital recorder last night. I tried to familiarize myself with the unit's operation before heading to PA. When showtime began (in the dark), I hit record, and thought we were rolling. I was supposed to hit it twice....DOH! Long story short, I got everything from Passenger Side until the end. Sounds good too! I opted to record as WAV, to capture the fullest range of freqencies, and I'll convert to mp3. My question: should I bother uploading half of a show?

Finally, thanks, Pittsburgh, for being so Wilco-friendly. Although it makes for a long day and night, I always enjoy visiting the city to see the best rock show in the biz.

I was at that show.

If you need some help converting the WAV files to FLAC, and what to do after that, there are people around here who could help you out.

Hello ViaChicagoans!

New to your board, not new to Wilco's music, but new to Wilco shows.

Attended my first at the CarNEGie last night. Just great.

My worry: Am I now spoiled for any and all future shows? I can't imagine any topping last night.

Also, I am new to Wilco on the web, so is there a place on this forum or elsewhere to monitor for any uploads (full or partial) of the CarNEGie show?

Thanks!

Just got back. Totally worth the ~450 miles in each direction. It occurred to me that the the last time I saw the full band live was show #5 of the Residency, and Glenn had a power drill in his hand :lol

Also wanted to say how much I enjoyed seeing the new songs live. They did not disappoint. Even You'll Never Know, which I am lukewarm on the studio version, was fab live. One Wing which I highly enjoy on the record was even better. Candyfloss was a really welcome treat too.

All of the "standards" have gone through a makeover of sorts since I saw them last. I was wracking my brain to try to recall which song now has a section during the breakdown where each band member is playing a slightly different part of the song simultaneously. It was really interesting. Does anyone know what the hell I am talking about? I may have to wait until the recording so I can hear it again.

Great to see friends there before/after the show.... so all in all, wow, just wow.

I'm a relatively new Wilco fan since being introduced to them leading up to "The Album", and instantly loved them. My friend lucked into some tickets, so it was a no brainer to come from DC to see the show. My initial impression = wow. The hall itself was amazingly intimate and very conducive to their style. I have a pretty good handle on the discog and could identify most songs, but i was super impressed with their technical proficiency and accuracy. I never realized how incredibly complicated some of their pieces are until you actually see them perform them. Kudos to Tweedy, Nels and the entire band, it was an amazing show, and I heard some songs I have never heard before. I will be seeing them again, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Wow, what a show. It was my first Wilco show so I wasn't sure what to expect but I was blown away. I wish I could go deeper into detail but 2 days later I'm still at a loss of words. One of the best concerts I've ever been to.

I'm hoping a boot shows up so I can relive the awesomeness. :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm a new registrant -- great site you have here. Drove from Akron to Pittsburgh (yet again) to see Wilco. Of the four times, this was definitely the best show. (Remember Point Park, when "Ghost" came out? It was one of the first shows with this lineup, and it's amazing how they've developed since then.) The sound on the lower level at Carnegie was outstanding.

I had never recorded a show before, but I entered the fray with a new digital recorder last night. I tried to familiarize myself with the unit's operation before heading to PA. When showtime began (in the dark), I hit record, and thought we were rolling. I was supposed to hit it twice....DOH! Long story short, I got everything from Passenger Side until the end. Sounds good too! I opted to record as WAV, to capture the fullest range of freqencies, and I'll convert to mp3. My question: should I bother uploading half of a show?

Finally, thanks, Pittsburgh, for being so Wilco-friendly. Although it makes for a long day and night, I always enjoy visiting the city to see the best rock show in the biz.

I was just wondering how the recording was going and if you needed any help getting it posted, I am willing to help.

It is a fantastic city. Unfortunately it still has a negative stigma from the "smoky steeltown" days.

Once you visit, it really opens your eyes.

Glad you were able to appreciate it fully.

I just knew the crowd would be HOT!

yes pgh is a lovely city (from an eastern PA native)

Surprised to read that about people sitting. At the Boston show, everyone in the entire orchestra (front to back) were on their feet from start to finish!

yeah, been to five wilco shows, haven't sat or gone potty yet!