Hi hi - looong time no post. :bee I need help with the Uncle Tupelo song, Acuff Rose. I would like to use it in my wedding (not necessarily as a highlight piece for a dance or entrance, but it will have a special place in the night) and I can't find "the best" version.

I have various live versions of Jeff solo, and most of them are usable if I can figure out a way to cut down the crowd cheering (it can be pretty jarring considering it will be playing from an amplifier). I love the versions of his raw, almost acoustic vocals where he really belts out the lyrics, and of course the energetic guitar strumming along with the delicate picking...

do you have any favorite versions?

Hi hi - looong time no post. :bee I need help with the Uncle Tupelo song, Acuff Rose. I would like to use it in my wedding (not necessarily as a highlight piece for a dance or entrance, but it will have a special place in the night) and I can't find "the best" version.

I have various live versions of Jeff solo, and most of them are usable if I can figure out a way to cut down the crowd cheering (it can be pretty jarring considering it will be playing from an amplifier). I love the versions of his raw, almost acoustic vocals where he really belts out the lyrics, and of course the energetic guitar strumming along with the delicate picking...

do you have any favorite versions?

My wife and I used "Acuff Rose" in the soundtrack of our wedding "documentary." I went with my favorite and the cleanest recording - the actual Uncle Tupelo version off of Anodyne.

There used to be a great live version on youtube, I think maybe from a Chicago show 3-4 years ago? But it was pulled and hasn't been there for a while now. Tweedy was very unshaved, and he did a much longer than usual amazing guitar intro. That was my favorite...sorry for the lack of details but I'd bet you can find this (audio) on a torrent, or maybe someone here will know.

My wife and I used "Acuff Rose" in the soundtrack of our wedding "documentary." I went with my favorite and the cleanest recording - the actual Uncle Tupelo version off of Anodyne.

I agree. The version from Anodyne would be the cleanest.

someone called me? :lol

i've got all versions available and 4 march 2005 (soundboard) is my favourite. hardly any crowd noise and a better mixing job than the following night.

Portland 2001 has crowd noise, but is awesome anyway.

i have both if you need them..