love his guitar playing. i like red headed stranger. any other albums i should check out?

Shotgun Willie

love his guitar playing. i like red headed stranger. any other albums i should check out?

Phases and Stages

phasesandstages.jpg

It's a concept album in which he tells the tale of a romantic breakup from both the man and woman's perspective.

He must've been pretty high. There's a strip club in Denver named Shotgun Willie's.

How is Willie cutting his hair a big risk, remphish?

Because people who are accustomed to a singers look or style and when a change happens it doesn't always go over so well with the diehard fans (Maybe not the best example but think how people reacted when Britney Spears shaved her hair :stunned )..

Maybe risk was the wrong word but I am not sure how else to describe it.

Still anyway I am a Willie fan and have seen him 2 times and concert and his concerts are a real treat and everyone should catch him when his bus rolls thorugh! :dancing

Yeah, I'd agree more if it was someone not close to Willie's status. Willie could walk around with an Izod and a sweater wrapped around his neck and people would still appreciate his music.

Yeah, I'd agree more if it was someone not close to Willie's status. Willie could walk around with an Izod and a sweater wrapped around his neck and people would still appreciate his music.

Yeah true..after all he has been touring and playing music for over 50 years! :cheers

Because people who are accustomed to a singers look or style and when a change happens it doesn't always go over so well with the diehard fans (Maybe not the best example but think how people reacted when Britney Spears shaved her hair :stunned )..

Maybe risk was the wrong word but I am not sure how else to describe it.

Still anyway I am a Willie fan and have seen him 2 times and concert and his concerts are a real treat and everyone should catch him when his bus rolls thorugh! :dancing

I don't think he really started wearing his hair that way until the late 70s/early 1980s. I doubt his die hard fans would turn away just because he cut his hair. As I recall, his hair style was the butt of jokes - maybe not now, but back in the 1980s.

I have heard that he plays pretty much that same songs at every show. Is that true?

I respect the guy, but I have never really cared for his music.

I don't think he really started wearing his hair that way until the late 70s/early 1980s. I doubt his die hard fans would turn away just because he cut his hair. As I recall, his hair style was the butt of jokes - maybe not now, but back in the 1980s.

I have heard that he plays pretty much that same songs at every show. Is that true?

In the two times I saw him about 2 years apart he mixed it up pretty well. Still played the staple hits but a few different ones outside the hits.

I know his first song has been the same for years - Whiskey River. Don't know about the rest of the set, though.

Saw him last summer with Dylan and Mellencamp. I thought he was good, pretty tight band, though piano was very low in the mix this particular night.

In the two times I saw him about 2 years apart he mixed it up pretty well. Still played the staple hits but a few different ones outside the hits.

He was on Larry King a while back - it was a pretty funny interview. He actually played here where I live recently. It sold out very quickly. I think he has a new album out of cover songs. I guess he played some of those at the show.

I can see how this might be perceived to be the case. I've only seen him once, but I've never seen any band play as many songs as he did that night. And I had to leave before the show was over. I didn't count, but he must've played 40+ songs before I left.

How is this possible? He's Willie Nelson. Everybody loves Willie Nelson.

I don't know. Just one of those people I have heard since I was a kid, and never got into.

When it comes to country music, I like to listen to Buck Owens.

When it comes to country music, I like to listen to Buck Owens.

There you go. Over the last couple years I have picked up some of his Capital recordings and they are so fun. Hee Haw....of course I remember when he got played on the radio....(that seems to be the theme of my posts of late...I think I am sick of turning on the radio and hearing shit I can't identify or shit that is just that ....shit!!!)

LouieB

he once smoked dope on the roof of the white house with high ranking members of the carter administration. honeysuckle rose is my favorite album and its an excellent movie.

thanks for the recommendations. phases sounds interesting.

i actually liked that reggae album he did a few years ago. also, the man is an album machine. at least one a year, not including all the ridiculous comps.

I know, right? He's like Dolly Parton. Or the Muppets.

In fact, if I owned a giant rock outcropping I might get to work carving a new Mount Rushmore featuring Willie, Dolly and the Muppets.