Wow...I'm really on a downward spiral

It's beyond insonia now. It's almost as if my body is rebelling against my very continued existence.

I've been through this before, and the culmination was not very pleasant.

Have you been checked for auto immune diseases such as Hashimoto? I was in the same situation 5 years ago until I was diagnosed and put on thyroid hormones, and I have my life back most of the time now. Especially the non-sleeping was about to kill me.

This is probably a really dumb question Crow, as I think you may have already indicated this in the past, but have you been diagnosed with depression, and if so, is it being treated? Based on this and prior posts, it sounds as though you are experiencing a major depressive episode.

I have atypical depression, which means I sort of have the opposite, though in some ways, similar problem, I could, if I allowed myself, sleep 16 or more hours a day, yet still wake up feeling as though I’d never slept. I do experience insomnia from time to time, but those episodes are usually associated with an accompanying panic disorder. At the moment, I’m taking 40 milligrams of Prozac and 1 to 2 milligrams of Ativan daily. MAOI’s are more effective in the treatment of atypical depression, but the side effects are many and oftentimes severe – though, if things don’t improve within the next year, I’m considering switching to Nardil or Emsam (an MAOI patch that, in its lowest dosage, mitigates the strict dietary restrictions of the other MAOI’s).

I rarely watched The West Wing, but I caught a few episodes, one of which contained the following bit of dialog – it really resonated with me:

Leo McGarry: "This guy's walkin' down a street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep he can't get out. A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up, "Hey you! Can you help me out?" The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole, and moves on. Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up, "Father, I'm down in this hole; can you help me out?" The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down in the hole and moves on. Then a friend walks by. "Hey, Joe, it's me. Can ya help me out?" And the friend jumps in the hole. Our guy says, "Are ya stupid? Now we're both down here." The friend says, "Yeah, but I've been down here before and I know the way out."

I wouldn’t go so far as to say I know the way out, but, well, feel free to PM me if you’d like to chat or you’d rather speak in private.

Leo McGarry: "This guy's walkin' down a street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep he can't get out. A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up, "Hey you! Can you help me out?" The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole, and moves on. Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up, "Father, I'm down in this hole; can you help me out?" The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down in the hole and moves on. Then a friend walks by. "Hey, Joe, it's me. Can ya help me out?" And the friend jumps in the hole. Our guy says, "Are ya stupid? Now we're both down here." The friend says, "Yeah, but I've been down here before and I know the way out."

that is the exact story I quoted when picking up my one year chip, to say "thank you" to my sponsor, from the episode "Noel"

Crow, keep seeking help til you find it. hang in there.

I hope you feel better soon Crow. may I suggest acupuncture? it's effective in treating insomnia and depression. not saying get off your meds, but you would be amazed at how acupuncture can help your body naturally heal. I hope you give it a try :)

it's not a sell man. I recommend it not only because I'm going to practice it, but I've also been a patient for over 4 years. I have anxiety, borderline depression, insomnia, fibromyalgia, endometriosis, on and on, and acupuncture has helped me with all of these things. it isn't a cure all, but it does allow the body to heal itself without medication. I LOVE IT!! TEH DO IT!

Hang in there Crow. Just remember you are loved here :cheekkiss

Reminds me of an exchange between Bruce Springsteen and a fan at one of his Acoustic Shows.

Female: I LOVE YOU BRUCE!!

Bruce: Yeah...but you don't KNOW me.

Reminds me of an exchange between Bruce Springsteen and a fan at one of his Acoustic Shows.

Female: I LOVE YOU BRUCE!!

Bruce: Yeah...but you don't KNOW me.

Well, there are all kinds of different ways to "know' someone, Crow. Anyway, we care and hope things get easier for ya. :thumbup

Haha, gotta love the Brucester.