Since being recommended to me in THIS THREAD, I've seen his album covers popping up in the "Now Playing" threads a few times. And he's been getting some more chatter around here, too.

Lots of fans? I like this record (Melted), too. I think that I'll check out the first one, as well.

There are actually three. I just got the second one (Lemons) yesterday in the mail, and I'm listening to it now for the first time. I got his first one (self-titled) last month at his show.

I'm not certain, but I think he plays all the instruments on the first two, and on Monsters he has a band.

I've seen this album mentioned quite a bit here, I'm definitely tempted to check it out.

I've listened to Lemons twice today.

333.jpg

Good stuff on here. Kind of a mixed bag sonically, which I tend to like. Probably not as good as Melted, but definitely feels like an album that'll keep getting better with repeated plays.

I just checked out a couple of things on youtube, and am wondering if how many more i will have to check out before i hear something that Brianjonestownmassacre hasn't done before (and better, at least at times)

am i missing something?

No, it just doesn't work for you. It's natural. Don't waste any more of your time.

it's not that I disliked it, I just didn't get the hulabaloo. but thanks fer yer honest reply.

I haven't found any Youtube vids of him that I thought were very good, either. I guess in my case, having discovered one song that I liked then seeing him live within a matter of days made me a fan.

I like the dancing on this one, but his cover of Gloria on youtube almost made me cry!

:thumbup

The audience was rife with hipsters...almost offputting

• 8 years later...