Poor Places (Walls Remix)

not sure if this has been posted before, it's an ambient remix of Poor Places by Walls from the UK.

Here's a writeup from Kompakt (a major German electronic label for those who don't know)

Fresh from releasing their highly acclaimed self titled debut on Kompakt, Walls have remixed alternative rock godheads Wilco's epic prog-indie classic 'Poor Places'. The duo submerge Jeff Tweedy's vocals and guitars in an ocean of reverb and delay, layered with slowly blossoming feedback swells and low slung bass, turning it into a gorgeous, blissed out Pop Ambient journey

stream or download free here: http://soundcloud.com/nialler9/wilco-poor-places-walls-remix

thoughts?

not sure if this has been posted before, it's an ambient remix of Poor Places by Walls from the UK.

Here's a writeup from Kompakt (a major German electronic label for those who don't know)

stream or download free here: http://soundcloud.com/nialler9/wilco-poor-places-walls-remix

thoughts?

A total waste of time imho

thanks for posting, but, i've gotta say- i was excited to hear this - and it was a pleasant sounding little wash of sound and swell, but other than the little 'beep' heard in the intro and the vaguest hint of tweedy's voice echoing in the mist - this had little to nothing to do with poor places imho and really doesn't go anywhere musically enough to be worth calling a remix

no one has talked about that blurb it sounds like it was written by a crazy person

Fresh from releasing their highly acclaimed self titled debut on Kompakt, Walls have remixed alternative rock godheads Wilco's epic prog-indie classic 'Poor Places'. The duo submerge Jeff Tweedy's vocals and guitars in an ocean of reverb and delay, layered with slowly blossoming feedback swells and low slung bass, turning it into a gorgeous, blissed out Pop Ambient journey

Here are the WTF descriptors

alternative rock godheads

epic prog-indie classic

blissed out Pop Ambient journey

and the song is really not that great. I was hoping for a little more.

no one has talked about that blurb it sounds like it was written by a crazy person

Here are the WTF descriptors

alternative rock godheads

epic prog-indie classic

blissed out Pop Ambient journey

and the song is really not that great. I was hoping for a little more.

Reviewer oversold it JUST a tad

Kinda pretty. Not a bad sound for that genre.... not much of a trace of the original in tact though. Seems like they added more new sounds than actually manipulated old ones, but then again filters, delays and reverbs can do strange things.

I think this 'remix' is a perfect example of why artists should avoid most drugs