• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picked up Guerrilla. Thanks for the recommendations, guys.

Make sure you press rewind on your cd player before the first track - There is a hidden song at the start of the album called The Citizen Band. Believe it or not, I didn't find this out until a couple of years after the album came out, although in some ways that made it more special when I did.

yeah, it was fun the other night in Brooklyn! wild seeing him with a full backing band.

"Gwn Mi Wn" is just such a killer starter to the show...and as you saw in this live version it just locks into this awesome groove.

"Skylon!" with a full band is just ridiculously good.

Good crowd in DC?

Decent crowd. Not huge by any means, but the room was pretty full. Still comfortable though.

Gwn Mi Wn was a definite highlight. When I saw him solo in January (were you at that shot too?) he used that as a looping showcase, but the Y Niwl version was pretty hard to beat. Speaking of them, they were a lot of fun. I'm listening to their album now :dancing

yeah, i was there...i love the looping solo version too...it was interesting hearing it enter that rock-groove territory with Y Niwl!

I wanted to get some of their merch. Cool stuff. Gonna have to in Boston.

Where were you sitting for the Rockwood show? I was at the table right in front of Gruff. I picked up his Candylion 45 when he accidentally knocked the stack of records over.

I've now seen Gruff twice with SFA and twice solo. All wonderful, wonderful shows. I wish I could catch another show on this US tour.

I forgot to mention that Gruff said a Bunf solo LP, a Cian solo LP (not an Acid Casuals album), a Peth album, the Separado soundtrack (featuring 8 songs, 10 instrumentals and some stuff by the other musicians in the movie) and SFA LP10 are all on the horizon, potentially still for 2011. I wouldn't hold my breath on LP10, but the others are pretty much confirmed for this year.

So it's a good time to be a fan of the Furries. I'm incredibly interested in a Bunf solo album...

yes I remember you! That was perfect - like it was part of the show. It was classic Gruff - fumbling, dropping, looking for stuff, and without missing a beat you grabbed what he was looking for. The timing was good. We were right in very front as well, one table over.

so i also presume you're on Citizen's Board as well. I bet i'd recognize your handle there.

That is AMAZING that info - thanks! really really excited about anything Bunf. Glad you got that info out of him - did he just pop out onto the the main bar area after the show?

also, if you're really jonesing, come on up to Boston - ticket awaits you :)

I won two (in addition to the two i already had) from Turnstile when they did a twitter promo to win tix to any show.

i think this will be my 4th Gruff solo, and i've seen the Furries 4 times. 4 and 4. Feel fortunate on that - only became a fan in '06, with he/they not touring a ton here in that time.

Oh nice, I must have seen you then! I post on the Citizen's Board a bit, but it's not that active most of the time. There are some really knowledgeable fans over there, so the active periods can be pretty great.

I'm considering either the Boston or NYC shows, but it's looking unlikely. DC to NY on the Greyhound is only $30 roundtrip, so I might still go. Although I'd love to see Boston, that'd probably be a bit difficult for me. I appreciate the offer though! But if I do find a way up there, we'll talk.

I had to ask Y Niwl's drummer if Gruff was backstage, and he said yeah. I told him I had a stuffed shark I wanted Gruff to sign, and he said he'd be right out. Sure enough, Gruff pops out a few seconds later and got this huge smile when I asked him to sign the shark. The room was basically empty by that time, so it was basically me and Gruff talking. His friend took this picture. I didn't want to feel like I was interviewing him, but the Bunf solo album information is very intriguing, so I had to at least get some dirt on that. He really lit up when I mentioned it, so I feel like that album could be a real treat. But it was really like a conversation, and not an interview. For all the rep he gets as a tough interview because of his slow speech, he's easy to talk to. He asked me a bunch of questions too. By the end of it, he knew my name, where I'm from, why I can't write songs and how spicy I like my food to be :D

Lovely man. Seems like there's no one out there with a bad word to say about him as a musician and a person, and I totally understand (no pun intended) that after getting a decent chat with him. Hopefully he keeps coming back for US shows, small crowds or not.

great stuff...great photo!

did you ask him how he felt the tour was going? hope they're enjoying it...

like you said, want him always coming back and feelin' welcome

Boston is here if the spirit moves ya