Christmas gift ideas?

I'm getting my dad a ride in a real restored biplane. they even let you "fly the plane" once it is up in the air.

That sounds like the most terrifying gift ever to me! :lol But I'm sure your dad will love it.

I got my mom a ticket to see David Sedaris (with me) back in October. I wish the timing had been closer to Christmas, but maybe next time David and I can work something out.

Guest Speed Racer

STTNG_Complete_2007_inside.jpg

The complete series - 49 discs - of Star Trek Next Generation. :blink :blink :blink I can't stand the show myself, so this is the ultimate act of love. Four episodes per disc at 50 minutes each is about 163.33 hours of Star Trek. Since I can't haul it down to Florida, I'll bring the first four discs (and the last, for the sake of drama), and likely have an anagram in the box (EEOPMLCT EIRSSE: ARST KRTE XENT EGN) for her to figure out what it is.

I also got the lady her favorite perfume, which is no longer in production (GO EBAY!).

I got my mom a beautiful coffee table book about RVs - a bizarre interest of hers we've never indulged. My dad get's a fancy artisan gin. My sister is getting oodles of jewelry.

I still haven't bought my parents anything.. Well I think my wife got my mom something, but my Dad... no freakin clue what I'm getting him. They are so hard to buy for, and I'm a terrible gift giver. Last year I got them one of those digital picture frames loaded with pictures of the family (thinking it was the best idea in the world) and I don't think I've seen it turned on once...

I'll probably just get him a CD or something.. He's a big blues fan. Especially when Clapton plays the blues.

That sounds like the most terrifying gift ever to me! :lol But I'm sure your dad will love it.

I would be terrified, as well, but my dad loves old planes and such. I grew up near a small airport where the biplane flights would leave from and I always remember him being wistful when he saw them in the sky.

To show that this is the only good thing I could come up with- I got my mom a crock pot :hmm

I'm thinking of giving my mom the gift of christmas spirit, every year I have to convince her to put a tree up after all, it's been postponed as long as the day before christmas eve previous years. It's up now and it's still not decorated, I'd do it but she'd just re-do it so why bother.

I'm always thinking of new ways to disguise a present, I read a lot and give out a lot of books so that's a transparant gift shape-wise. I'm thinking of getting my brother a book that I heard him mention but I'm not 100% he doesn't own it already, and I'm not smart enough to trick him into telling me without him getting suspicious.