Hate Liberals? Change your email!

At my job, I received this note about a change of email:

"Aol was a liberal organization. With the aquisition [sic] of Huffington's organization and the appointment of Huffington as the AOL news director that's too far left for us. Our new e-mail address is:"

I'm all for following your party, and hell, change your email if AOL rubs you the wrong way, but don't drag your soapbox out of the garage, put one foot on it and the other in your mouth while emailing your entire mailbox the reason why you want to change your email from AOL to GMAIL, yes, GMAIL...pretty sure they aren't much better for your political taste either ... and who uses AOL anymore anyway?

This just in...a rebuttal/reply all:

"I think choosing one's search engine on the basis of the assumed political affiliations of the company's owners is passing weird. But if you are really concerned about that kind of stuff, you might want to check out Google. It is the most gay-friendly large corporation in the world and has regularly supported same-sex marriage proposals in California and other states, the founders have given large sums of money to the ACLU and (shock!) the Democratic party and Google has been widely criticized for it's cooperation with the Chinese government's (you may know them as the "Red Chinese") efforts to censor the internet use of the voters. No, wait, I've got that wrong: they don't vote there."

Someone needs to tell the author of the original e-mail that Al Gore, a liberal, invented the internet. That will get them off the net and free up some bandwith for the rest of us progressive, red, panty-waist liberals.

Guest Speed Racer

With limited exceptions, or unless I know an organization is drowning kittens or infants or knocking down old people in the streets, I'm not terribly picky about who gets my money.

Are you really going to blame the man for not doing his research. If he still has AOL, there's also a good chance he's still rockin' the dial-up.

Good chance? Nah, they definitely are on dial-up. I mean, the news about Huffington and AOL came out Monday (I think) and they are changing their email now? Wow, dial-up is slow...