Now Playing: July/August 2011

Me either. My brother hyped it big-time to me but it just wasn't "me." I'm sure he's diggin' this new one.

NP:

malkmus.jpg

I really gave this one a good listen during my exercise time today and I don't think it's as good as everyone else thinks it is. I really liked his last one and kind of dig the guitar noodling. It seems the album drags towards the last half.

The Jicks LP seems far too long for me... if he could cut it down to about 10 tracks he'd have made a killer.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chumpworld.jpg

New 4- song EP. Just downloaded it, and it is exactly what I expected. Homespun BritPop in the same vein as Robyn Hitchcock. Just good songwriting and clever wordplay. Love it.

51rCT8fY0oL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Just acquired. Blues-based garage psych. All fuzz, all the time. And some pretty great melodies, to boot. Really digging this.

RIYL: King Khan, White Stripes, Pretty Things, The Sonics

51m9OSaXYjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg6133HPJQ6CL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51TknQrnCnL._SL500_AA300_.jpgLeoLago.jpg?version=88 That last one is: Leo Lago - Venturas e desventuras do engenhoso Cavalleiro do Lago A bedroom musician from Brazil, who tickles that same part of me that digs Tom Zé. Not just because he's Brazilian, but because he's similarly warped.